Woollen clothing is derived from this material.
URW Game Encyclopedia description
The official URW in-game encyclopedia (accessed by the key) describes wool thusly:
Sheep's wool is largely used material for all kind of clothes. Occasionally little amounts of fur or hair from other animals is added to shorn wool as well. Woollen clothes are warm to wear and also give a little defense against concussion. To wear a woollen cloth directly against your skin may however tickle at first before you get accustomed to it.
Real life context
Woollen clothing has been used for almost as long as people have raised sheep, roughly since the later Neolithic.
Certain archaic and primitive breeds of domesticated sheep (a few of which survive to this day, e.g. the once-feral Soay sheep) had their wool harvested by plucking or slowly cutting it off, instead of the shearing of wool commonly seen in most later breeds. (The breeds in UnReal World are presumably the later sort of breeds, closer to those of today.)
Some North American native cultures used woollen materials despite the lack of domesticated sheep. For this purpose, they had special landbreeds of dogs with thick, curly fur, usable as ersatz-wool.
Wool clothing articles and other wool items in the game.
In-game encyclopedia entry on wool
- Cloth - General article on cloth materials and cloth items.
- Birch bark - General article on birch-bark materials and items.
- Fur - General article on fur materials and items.
- Leather - General article on leather materials and items.
- Linen - General article on linen materials and items.
- Nettle fiber - General article on nettle-fiber materials and items.