Linen clothing is derived from this material.
Real life context
Linen clothing was used by many different cultures for thousands of years as a light and comfortable clothing material. Linen is still a much more "recent" invention than fur clothing or leather clothing.
URW Game Encyclopedia description
The official URW in-game encyclopedia (accessed by the key) describes linen thusly:
Linen is produced from fibers of a flax which is a commonly known cultivated plant. Linen, like wool, is largely used material for clothes but the process to make serviceable linen is more laborious than in the case of wool. For the wealthy this is no problem since there is also imported linen in the UnReal World.
Linen clothes are very comfortable. The more you wear a specific linen garment the softer and more comfortable it will become. You'll also feel cool in a linen garment when the weather is hot but still it will keep you warm when it's cold.
Linen clothing articles and other linen items in the game.
In-game encyclopedia entry on linen
- Cloth - General article on cloth materials and cloth items.
- Birch bark - General article on birch-bark materials and items.
- Fur - General article on fur materials and items.
- Leather - General article on leather materials and items.
- Nettle fiber - General article on nettle-fiber materials and items.
- Wool - General article on woollen materials and items.