Topic: Rotting Warning  (Read 15260 times)

Helldiver

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 01:26:13 AM »
No. I can pick it up before it is ready for the beating stage. I then have to go through the water stage again, seemingly with the clock re-starting. From what PALU was saying I shouldn't be able to pick it up.

You’re right, you shouldn’t be able to do that. Did you uninstall AND reinstall the entire game after removing the mod? Maybe you have some residual files left over from the mod.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:04:30 AM by Helldiver »

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 04:19:39 PM »
I'm a bit worried I'm seriously derailing the thread but anyway... someone can move it if need be...

I was playing 3.40. Then I just bought the game in the Christmas sale. So not only am I sure that I deleted all the original files, I was reinstalling it in a different location (Steam). So that can't possibly be the issue. And yet, the same problem is there. It's not game-killing. I just have to remember not to pick it up before it's ready. But also I can't check how long it has to go because you only get that message when you try to pick it up.

Helldiver

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 07:55:51 PM »
I was playing 3.40. Then I just bought the game in the Christmas sale. So not only am I sure that I deleted all the original files, I was reinstalling it in a different location (Steam). So that can't possibly be the issue. And yet, the same problem is there. It's not game-killing. I just have to remember not to pick it up before it's ready. But also I can't check how long it has to go because you only get that message when you try to pick it up.

Actually, I think you do need to uninstall the old version as well, because even if you have the game installed somewhere else on your machine, URW runs preferentially from the separate installation folder, even if you're launching directly from Steam.

At any rate, I don't think it hurts to try. I would back up any game folders and graphics mods first.

I'm a bit worried I'm seriously derailing the thread but anyway... someone can move it if need be...

Well, you had a suggestion to give. And I think it's a decent suggestion, so I would think there's nothing wrong with leaving this thread here.

But if we want to talk more about this problem you're having, I do think it would be more productive to start a new thread in the Bug Reports forum... even if it's not a bug with the program itself, you'll probably have an easier time getting troubleshooting help over there.

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 12:15:32 AM »
Thanks again. I'll take my concern to the bug forum when I get time.

On topic, I'll just add to counter the initial response that this suggestion would be somehow immersion killing, that there is a clock on the game screen that keeps track of the day and the time of day. I think it's in-keeping with the current gameworld to add a message to the log as suggested above.

Although many people build their cellars and smokehouses and tanning bays close to their homes so can check, many also spread these apart and must sometimes say to themselves, "in two weeks I have to go north to x,y,z". In that case, I think a reminder message would be helpful.