Topic: Wearable trinkets  (Read 8719 times)

Helldiver

« on: December 26, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »
Just what the title says. I like that we have ornaments and trinkets in the game now, and thought it would be nice if the characters could wear them instead of just carrying them around to trade.

Of course, it's not a big deal whichever way, because we don't see our characters wear their clothing, either. So there's absolutely nothing to prevent us from imagining our characters "wearing" the accessories that they are actually carrying in their inventories. I just thought I'd bring it up once.

(And yes, for the record, Iron-Age Finnish men wore jewelry too. Neck pendants, finger rings, ornamental brooches, and even some arm rings have all been found in male graves, likely worn by the grave owners at the time of burial.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:59:30 PM by Helldiver »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 10:46:11 PM »
Just an aside, It is possible to use the provided mod environment to make an item like a necklace wearable.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

DfDevadander

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:00:08 AM »
Just an aside, It is possible to use the provided mod environment to make an item like a necklace wearable.

If it's too much trouble, could you explain how to do that? I've wanted to make trinkets wearable as well, but I'm very green when it comes to modding this game

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 05:21:56 AM »

If it's too much trouble, could you explain how to do that? I've wanted to make trinkets wearable as well, but I'm very green when it comes to modding this game

Say you have a "silver chain bracelet" (one of the valuables available) the task below would consume the bracelet and produce a bracelet that can be worn and will be on the forearm. This is an oversimplification of what could be involved but would serve the purpose. Putting this in the diy_glossary
will make the task appear on your menu.

Code: [Select]
.silver chain bracelet.  *COMMON*
{silver chain bracelet} (1) [remove]
[ARMOUR_COVERAGE:forearm]
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.