Topic: Horn from bulls  (Read 8897 times)

« on: December 16, 2017, 12:49:24 PM »
With the new (and great, I might add) bones and antlers system from animals, would it be possible to add horns from bulls, since we got antlers on for example reindeers? As a Norse enthusiast I might have a modding idea if they could be added  ;D

PALU

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 02:56:50 PM »
I HOPE you're thinking of drinking horns, rather than the stupidity of trying to mount drinking horns on helmets (yes, there are iron age ceremonial helmets with stag or reindeer horns on them, but those aren't intended for combat).

In the mean time (provided you don't intend to go the helmet route) you can use Buiodda's 3.40 mod idea of how to get elk horns.

Mati256

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 02:58:07 PM »
Are hunting horns still in the game? You could use horns to make that.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:53:32 PM »
Are hunting horns still in the game?

8) YES they are  ;)
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
I HOPE you're thinking of drinking horns, rather than the stupidity of trying to mount drinking horns on helmets (yes, there are iron age ceremonial helmets with stag or reindeer horns on them, but those aren't intended for combat).

In the mean time (provided you don't intend to go the helmet route) you can use Buiodda's 3.40 mod idea of how to get elk horns.

Dear lord no, I would never contribute to that myth! It was for making drinking horns, absolutely. True, we could easily make it through basic modding, I just think it could be very natural and easy, since reindeers and such drops actually vanilla antlers, and we know that bulls have horns, which would be a realistic implementation in my opinion.

Hunting horn could also be another great idea. Good call!

caius

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
Rams horns too.

anything