Topic: [fixed] Game crashes when I speak to certain villagers (3.50 beta)  (Read 4502 times)

Puella14

« on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »
Hello,

My character currently is guest in a Driik village to smoke her meat and after spending some days there I thougt I could speak to the people for once instead of just abusing their sauna ^^ Turns out I can't :/ Everytime I try to speak to one of the villagers (using C), the moment I select one and press Enter the game crashes on me :( I've tried with child, man, woman... same result. No problem with the villagers in other villages. Or with the cows and dogs in said village, just the people. Which is very sad, because it's the only village I've found that sells these. Oh, almost forgot, I'm on the 3.50 beta :) I'm using a few mods (more food recipes yay) and although I don't think they influence this, I might do some tests without the mods soon. Anyone with similar problems?
Edit: Deinstalled my mods and tested it again, it still crashes :(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:32:16 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »
I got this tracked and confirmed to be related to presence of village animals. There are probably lots of those around, and some buffers overflow.
It's unfortunately unremediable on your own, and might occur in other villages (with lots of animals) as well.
Hopefully a quick fix possibility comes our way soon.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Puella14

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:40:57 PM »
Good to know. Didn't encounter it again (even in villages with animals, but I never counted them) but I guess this just means I should save my character before I try speaking to villagers with lots of animals :)

anything