Topic: Can't get Tanning material to work  (Read 12156 times)

Frostbit

« on: December 04, 2017, 06:17:55 PM »
I've been playing the game for a little while now and decided to play around with modding, and I ran into a little snag. No matter what I've tried, I can't get tanning material to work and thought I might be doing something wrong. Instead of pulling my hair out over this, I thought I'd just save some time and heartache and go straight to the experts.

Anyway, the line I've put in the recipe is:
{Tanning material} #2# [remove]

I've tried putting it in both *MAKE* and *COOKERY* and can't get it to work with fat or bark, and always get a message like:  "Bark doesn't work as tanning material!"

In case it makes a difference, I'm running Version 3.4 (beta 3).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »
 (Tanning material)
This is not a thing.
(Bark) will work as it is a thing in game.
As for "fat" you would need to pattern match to use it, much the way the game is looking for an item named "Tanning material" in your inventory.

GL
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Frostbit

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:02:18 PM »
Thanks for such a speedy reply!

I was just trying various things from the item list from the modding wiki and thought it was like 'Tying Equipment'. I just figured I was doing something wrong.

If I'm understanding it right, then I'd have to make two different items (one for "Bark" and one "* fat") and just give each product the same [NAME:] tag?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:05:13 PM by Frostbit »

caethan

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 05:01:53 AM »
What exactly are you trying to make?

Frostbit

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »
Njerpez scalps, actually. I want to make them usable as furs, but more beneficial in the construction of ritual weapons (along with other difficult to obtain items and also utilizing the RainsIron mod) to use in conjunction with Privateer's training dummies.

I still have a long way to go, though, and not a whole lot of free time so it might take me a while to actually complete this and other ideas I have.

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 06:11:41 PM »
 In an early iteration of the trainer; you collected body parts from your victims to enhance your skills;
Woodsman's hands increasing timbercraft
Shaman's togue increasing ritual
etc
etc

I found the cleanest solution for me was to have the whole corpse consumed in the task. Much as it is in the current trainer.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Frostbit

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 07:20:10 PM »
In an early iteration of the trainer; you collected body parts from your victims to enhance your skills;
Woodsman's hands increasing timbercraft
Shaman's togue increasing ritual
etc
etc

Wow! That opens up a lot more potential than what little I'd considered.

I found the cleanest solution for me was to have the whole corpse consumed in the task. Much as it is in the current trainer.

I'll probably go with that solution too since it's the easiest way to not have it exploited, but it just seems wasteful to me somehow.

Privateer

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 09:42:51 PM »
it just seems wasteful to me somehow.

That's why I give the rest to Kalma ;)
Mods:

anything