Topic: [Fixed - persist in 3.60] Duplicating items by pushing them into water  (Read 6209 times)

« on: November 28, 2017, 08:32:32 PM »
Hi. I just discovered a bug. I wanted to push my raft out into the water before I got in it, and apparently it duplicated it, so there was one where I stood on the soil, and another appeared in front of me in the water.

*EDIT* I tested it with a bow as well. That was duplicated as well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 01:05:14 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »
I'm very much late to the party but this gotta be related to some specific character/situation you got there.

If you still can reproduce it feel free to send a savegame.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:45:37 PM »
Tried to recreate it with the same character 18 months later, but doesn't happen now. I'll upload a savefile if it ever happens again :)

PALU

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 12:07:38 AM »
I'd ensure replication is attempted at exactly the same location (tile borders or whatnot), as well as ensuring it's winter with a hole in the ice (either before you did the replication or as a result of it), so I guess you have to wait half a year to try it out.

When I discover something I suspect is a bug I typically make a save and a copy of it (given a suitable name, so I can find it later), in case Sami needs it for an investigation later. Hard disk space is cheap...

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 01:03:36 PM »
With a great certainty this old and rare issue has been found and fixed now.  The bug that was fixed, and what's an assumed cause here as well, was related to ice breaking in the background messing up item data while pushing action was being proceeded.

Fixed - persists in 3.60
- Sami | UnReal World creator