Topic: Urw. Population  (Read 9609 times)

Twezzk

« on: November 08, 2017, 11:49:11 AM »
How populous is Unreal World (how many human inhabitants does it have)?
I know it is very sparesly populated but aproxametly how many people are there?

Drikilanien maybe 200?

And one more thing.do all cultures have same number of villages or is it completly random.i know if culture teritory is generated on large teritory the settlements would be more sparesly located (example Owl tribe).

Erkka

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »
do all cultures have same number of villages or is it completly random. 

neither. Each culture has a different number of villages, and on each map generation the amount of villages is randomized between max and min values, which are different for each culture. So it is not completely random, but randomized within limits.

What comes to total number of NPCs generated, I really can't say. It is a long time since I coded the random world generator. Also, since the world generation is based on variables, and those variables can be adjusted from a version to another, it means that any number given might not be accurate for the future versions.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

LoLotov

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 11:25:57 PM »
Just as a preliminary example from the first two villages destroyed in Njerp territory, the population was distributed as follows:
  • 11 total villagers, distributed as 2 kids, 5 women,* 2 craftsmen, 2 warriors
  • 15 total villagers, distributed as 1 kid, 4 women,* 3 craftsmen, 1 peasant, 6 warriors
  • Outside of villages but within cultural territory thus far, 3 robbers, 1 woodsman

So 26 population between 2 villages, probably a pretty high total population for the region, cause neither of these settlements were particularly large or wealthy. How would people with more experience in the western regions compare the population density of Driik areas with this?

*Of varying types, data tracking will be improved in future
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

LoLotov

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 11:52:17 PM »
Death 2/3 through village five, feels bad. But here's some good data, and there are probably about 20-25 villages to distribute this among.
  • 13, no data on specifics
  • 20 total, 1 child, 3 Housewives, 2 Women, 2 Maidens, 1 Craftsman, 1 Tribesman, 10 warriors
  • 9 kills before my death, 3 warriors left, at least one other villager for ~13 population

72 in five villages, average village population of 14.4. Multiply by 22.5 (median of 20 and 25 total villages), projected total population of 324 throughout Njerpland. This probably holds up pretty well for the Njerpez, but is not representative of other cultures, as they do not have the extra population of warriors.
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

anything