UnReal World > Suggestions

Endgame economics - Money sink ideas

(1/2) > >>

Rhaikh:
I have a pile of furs stacked floor to ceiling, all of my gear is masterwork and I'm currently trying to grind Carpentry so I can make fine/superior arrows myself.

I know most of you probably just start a new character at this point, but I want to play mine out.  Eventually I'm going to die trying to wipe out the Njerpez culture, but in the meantime it might be nice if I had something to spend my fortune on.

Some money sink ideas I have:

* Teacher NPCs that will give you a skill bonus (like current quest rewards) in exchange for goods
* Pay Sages or Craftsmen tons for minor permanent improvements to equipment
* Set up buy orders with a village for specific types of goods.  In other words, pay them extra to focus on gathering a specific commodity, like dried meat or something, so that they'll have more available to trade in the future

PALU:
Buying all the jewelry you can get hold of and hoard it is a fairly good money sink that's available currently.

JEB Davis:
Give your possessions away to all of the villagers you meet.
They will love you and you will have gotten rid of all your excess stuff.
Win-win situation, eh?

Rhaikh:

--- Quote from: PALU on November 06, 2017, 10:29:57 PM ---Buying all the jewelry you can get hold of and hoard it is a fairly good money sink that's available currently.

--- End quote ---

What's the point of this, besides the better weight/value ratio?

PALU:

--- Quote from: Rhaikh on November 07, 2017, 02:49:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: PALU on November 06, 2017, 10:29:57 PM ---Buying all the jewelry you can get hold of and hoard it is a fairly good money sink that's available currently.

--- End quote ---

What's the point of this, besides the better weight/value ratio?

--- End quote ---
There's no actual point beyond what you role play into it (apart from the portability). And it doesn't attract robbers either...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version