UnReal World > General Discussion

"The Challenge"

<< < (11/11)

Tinker:
Having tried lots of time I got fed up with dying 60% of the time due to not finding water. In other game starts I am always 3 or 400m from water, in the challenge it seems I can often travel 40km in a straight line with no sign of water.

Last try with the challenge I changed one rule - start at the beginning of summer and survive until winter starts. Luckily I found water the first day, and there was not much problem with cold but everything else was hard or harder, the biggest problem was food, almost no plants were harvestable and for the first week I saw no birds or animals, I had spent time making tools and crude weapons. I got lucky with a black grouse, single shot with a rock got it in flight, then 2 days later a squirrel but fishing attempts with a club were pointless. I have a dozen snares set but no bait until the berries are ripe, I placed the traps on berry plants so they are self baiting. I have decide a net might work better for fishing but need a raft to set it, my starvation penalties make it impossible to fell a tree with a stone axe so I need to collect fallen trunks, this will take some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version