Topic: Injured adventurer clarification  (Read 353 times)

Imatree

« on: October 28, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »
I haven't seen many posts about this but I wanted to know for sure, does the shelter for the injured adventurer quest spawn on the edge of or does it spawn in the first tile described? For example when the guy says "I remember building my shelter at border location of heathland area right next to pine mire" would it only be where a pine mire and heathland meet or could it spawn anywhere in the heathland tile even next to a different terrain as long as the overworld heathland tile it was in was bordering a pine mire?

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 08:50:02 PM »
Almost all of the times I've tried that quest, it's in one of the tiles. However, if you want the line between them, there will almost always be some sort of blood trail, or you will probably find tracks or see the bear/wolf around it. As soon as you run into these indicators, you know it's near.

Imatree

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »
So would that mean it's better to enter the hearthland tile and look around? Also do diagonal's count for "bordering"?

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 09:19:28 PM »
So would that mean it's better to enter the hearthland tile and look around? Also do diagonal's count for "bordering"?

I usually just walk the border, about 5 tiles into the map that has the most "open" landscape. Yes, I'll think that counts as bordering as well.

JEB Davis

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 10:40:23 PM »
You may have to be persistent and patient to find the shelter.
Last time I did that quest, I found bloodscapes & tracks, and
the shelter was difficult to find, but it was there. The reward
was worth the effort.

PALU

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 09:27:49 AM »
I've never found any shelter in a tile with only diagonal contact (a single point isn't a border), and I don't think those count, but that might be incorrect.

If the tiles of the "right" type is reasonably open I tend to walk in those tiles within view of the border, but if the target tile type is infested by spruce I walk close to the border in the other tile type. Blood scapes tend to be spread all over the target tile, so only you find the tile it's usually easily identified. The shelter may take a little work to find, but at that stage it's only a single tile. Beware of the attacking animal, though: it may still be there (I lost my latest adventurer to a wolf in such a quest, and an earlier adventurer was attacked by a bear, but saved by his dog).

shorun

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 05:44:18 PM »
You may have to be persistent and patient to find the shelter.
Last time I did that quest, I found bloodscapes & tracks, and
the shelter was difficult to find, but it was there. The reward
was worth the effort.

same, except the only thing i found was the handaxe the adventurer wanted back and 2 wooden mugs....

anyway, found blood on the border, with bear tracks. followed those tracks, found the bear camping in the shelter. fucking squatters.

PALU

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 12:32:49 AM »
Have you checked the tile partially hidden by the shelter? There may be stuff there as well. However, the most valuable thing from those quests tends to be the teaching anyway.

Plotinus

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 03:47:28 PM »
If it says "at border location of spruce mire area right next to pine mire in the west", it means: There is a spruce mire with a shelter in it, and 1 tile directly west of the spruce mire is a pine mire.

It's not necessarily near the border between the spruce mire and pine mire tile. it can be anywhere in the spruce mire tile.