UnReal World > Modding

{* cut} for fish?

(1/2) > >>

phoenixshenanigans:
Hi, just a quick modding question.

The modding possibility for using random cuts instead of a raw and weighted option, is {* cut} when creating the recipe. Is there a similar command for fish instead of meat?

Privateer:
I believe it would be:

--- Code: ---{Raw fish}
--- End code ---
and a weight amount.

Fish cook whole and are not divided into a standard portioning like cuts.

phoenixshenanigans:

--- Quote from: Privateer on October 11, 2017, 07:46:36 PM ---I believe it would be:

--- End code ---
and a weight amount.

--- End quote ---

I see. There isn't any way of going around the weighted amount? So it would just be for example 2 fish, no matter the size of them? Is it only because of the same weight, that the {* cut} works in the first place?

Privateer:

--- Quote from: phoenixshenanigans on October 12, 2017, 10:51:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Privateer on October 11, 2017, 07:46:36 PM ---I believe it would be:

--- End code ---
and a weight amount.

--- End quote ---

I see. There isn't any way of going around the weighted amount? So it would just be for example 2 fish, no matter the size of them? Is it only because of the same weight, that the {* cut} works in the first place?

--- End quote ---

A count of raw fish or a weight amount of raw fish would both work.
The reason {* cut} works is due to "name pattern matching". Since mammal meat is all converted to "something cuts".
Fish retain their original naming; roast trout, roast pike etc etc. making a pattern match impractical.

phoenixshenanigans:

--- Quote from: Privateer on October 12, 2017, 08:21:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: phoenixshenanigans on October 12, 2017, 10:51:39 AM ---

--- End code ---
and a weight amount.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

A count of raw fish or a weight amount of raw fish would both work.
The reason {* cut} works is due to "name pattern matching". Since mammal meat is all converted to "something cuts".
Fish retain their original naming; roast trout, roast pike etc etc. making a pattern match impractical.

--- End quote ---

Oh I see. That worked.

Last question. The {* cut} option makes you able to use dried and smoked meat as well, instead of just raw meat. Is there any way to use a count of fish, that takes in both raw, roasted, dried and smoked fish? Just two of them of one of the options, or does it always have to be raw fish?

Thanks for the helpful answers so far Privateer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version