UnReal World > Not bugs

Arrow disappears

(1/3) > >>

wanderer:
Hey! I've been playing your game for quite long time and here's some issue that I find very inconvenient.

when I hit arrow to the animals the arrows disappears. It's very odd because the arrows stays when I miss the shots, while hitting directly to the animals it disappears.

+ arrows don't disappear when an animal instantly dies. it disappears only when an animal is alive though it is shot.
+ I modified this post. I thought small animals are problem, but I changed my thought.

I was very sad when i lost my superior arrow.  :-\

Euph0ria:
It's quite common that I'll shoot an arrow at a target, and miss, and the arrow continue and go off the immediate screen and will disappear entirely; or I'll hit a target and it will perish but the arrow will disappear as well.  I figured it was part of the game mechanics.  I just figured that arrows get lost, and they have occasional breakage on hit.

PALU:
If you miss a shot it can be very hard to find it (I've changed the missile .png images to make them stand out: basically painting them orange-red), and they should either be found as undamaged or broken if your search was perfect. However, that is not what wanderer is talking about.

I too have run into wanderer's issue where arrows simply fail to appear either in whole or broken form after hitting a target. I've been subjected to that both with single hit kills (at least with birds falling to the ground: not sure about ground based animals), as well as Njerps. In the latter case I've counted the number of hits and found the number of recovered arrows less than that number. I've seen so apparent logic behind when an arrow vanishes and when it does not (which is the majority of the cases). Again, note that a broken arrow is still an appearing arrow.

Sami:
Very hard to tell, if there's a bug or something quite normal in question.
To find out, we have to narrow this down to what was originally reported "when I hit arrow to the animals the arrows disappears" - and exclude the missed arrows which indeed can be difficult to find from the distance.

wanderer (and others), I would need to investigate a savegame right after you think you some of the hit arrows had disappeared. I think that might come in your way usually after the animal has brought down and arrows are to be collected. Feel free to send one.

One thing which can cause this sort of confusion though, is that arrows that break are left on the ground at the hit location. In the heat of the hunt you may misplace message information regarding arrow breakage. And if you, for example, notice making 5 hits to the target, but don't notice a message about one arrow breaking, then it may surprise to collect only 4 arrows from the kill.

Also, in the earlier versions broken arrows simply vanished. It was even more easy to get confused if message log wasn't read carefully throughout the hunt.

PALU:
I'm completely sure I've killed e.g. birds with an arrow and collected only the bird from where it fell (straight down), with no arrow (whole or broken) to be found even when searching, so something is bound to be there.
However, I'll keep my eyes open with my next character (who'll be created with the next UrW version). After all, tracking down oddities is a lot easier when they're reproducible, or at least logged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version