UnReal World > Suggestions

More Signs of Robber's Camps in Overland Maps

<< < (2/2)

Mati256:

--- Quote from: spamgoose on October 09, 2017, 04:15:59 AM ---I would prefer it if quests could be solved different ways depending on a character's strengths. Getting information, or even someone to lead you to them should cost you some goods. That works for a talented craftsman/trapper. Alternatively, more tracks (as you say) should be good for the skilled woodsman type character. It should be about using game skills, not trying your patience in the real world.

--- End quote ---

This is a great idea. Like RPG games where you can use charisma, or threat someone to solve quests.

LoLotov:
I think as a reward they should make you an honorarary citizen of the village, and able to perform any task (other than theft) that they would normally be angry about, such as cutting down their trees and harvesting their herbs/produce.

MrMotorhead:
I think this one deserves a bump.

It took a very long time to complete this quest.  I think adding a bunch of tracks all over the search area would be a good start.  I was in this area for five game days and I never caught sight of the robbers in the overland map and I never found any human tracks.

I don't think I would have solved this quest without looking at the wiki and the forums and finding the information that you have to be zoomed in on the local tile for them to spawn.

I really like some of the other ideas here such as spotting fires from a long way away.

Also if someone's chopping down a tree, that sound carries a long way, that could be another way to help find a settlement or encampment.

PALU:
Njerps occasionally chop down trees...

Robbers CAN be seen on the overland map occasionally. However, I think that has only happened once over a score or so quests (and it happens outside of quests in the form of "adventurers" in the distance).

The quest info says the know how to hide, so from that perspective it shouldn't come as a surprise that they're hard to find, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I don't think you have to be zoomed in for them to spawn, but you typically have to be zoomed in to encounter them or their tracks.

If they're good at hiding, they'd hide their fires, and if they light fires only during night time there'd be no smoke to be seen, and UrW doesn't (yet) simulate smell, so you can't smell the smoke from a fire.

Dungeon Smash:
I think pretty much all of these are good suggestions.  It would also be cool to occasionally stumble upon non-hostile camps, like an abandoned cabin, or a hunter cooking up his dinner.  Of course, maybe an abandoned shelter isn't so abandoned after all and a hunter comes back to see you have taken his things.  Things like this are featured in some of the quests and starting backgrounds, but it would be neat to have them randomly occur in day-to-day gameplay as well. 

Also, on the topic of smoke, I would love to see that in the game as well and it would also be cool to have wildfires.  I fight wildfires here in the US in real life and it's a lot of fun :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version