Topic: [not a bug] Milking with a Full Container  (Read 9082 times)

God

« on: May 28, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »
Allows milking, but does not award any additional milk and restarts the milking cooldown.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:25:28 PM by Sami »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »
why would it not?

I can milk my cow irl and if I start with a full bucket I don't get more milk, the cow is milked, and the barn cats are happy.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Labtop 215

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:52:50 PM »
Sounds annoying but it doesn't sound like a bug.  Perhaps a check to see if the container is empty before actually milking something would be a good idea though.

God

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:49:10 AM »
The bug is that you are trying to milk with a container already full.

spnreptile

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
Like Privateer already mentioned, it might just be imitation of real life. In real life cows are sometimes milked even when the milk is not used, because its recommended to milk them regularly, otherwise it might affect their health. I personally think its not a bug and this is how its meant to be, but i might be wrong.

JEB Davis

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »
The bug is that you are trying to milk with a container already full.
Why is this a bug?
Your bucket being full has absolutely no effect on the cow's milk production.
If you pull the teat you get milk and your bucket overflows or like Privateer said,
you squirt it on the cats' faces and everybody is happy.
 ::)
Why pick the game apart so much for trifles?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
Not a bug. Intended. Been like that since 2001.
New forums, new reports :)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Seddrik

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »
Its kinda hinky but the only way around it is to always use an empty contain of sufficient size for milking, THEN pour off into other containers if you want to rearrange your storage.

anything