UnReal World > Solved'n'fixed bug reports

Vanishing fire.

(1/2) > >>

Theroleplayer:
A strange thing happened to the roleplayer.

I had lit a fire, a large one made from about 9 planks and a few dozen branches, because I was leaving the area soon and didn't like leaving tree bits around. I then went to pack up my traps but when I returned, low and behold the fire was gone, no embers left behind, only the stone I used to mark my fire spot.

Is this intentional? Are the spirits being cheeky, even though I am at unity with the world. Or is it a bug?

PALU:
It definitely sounds like a bug.
I can be the same one I've reported earlier (on the old forum) where a fire lit in a stove is gone without embers remaining (which I wanted for cooking requiring embers) when going away for a short trap checking trip (a few hours).
In my case it always seem to happen at the change of seasons/months or something similar, and always across the turn of day time in the morning (stove lit on the "day before" and checked on the "next day"). In at least one case I noted the palette changed as I was checking the traps. I believe I've also seen it with a large fire (similar to your case).

Theroleplayer:
Hmm this is troubling.

PALU:
It's not really troubling, mainly annoying. It doesn't happen that often, and in most cases you can just start a new fire as there's no vanilla need for an ongoing fire. I would guess you could miss out on ash when preparing farm plots, but, again, it's just annoying, as you only need a few branches to set a new fire.

Sami:
More details needed; screenshot of the fire site or how long the characters were away (how long the fire burned) etc.
If the area is super occupied with stuff/items/animals/buildings/etc. ashes can end up on the list of 'to be removed to free data stack'.
So if the area has been hoarded up with lots of stuff that might explain this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version