Topic: The Spirit World game course task auto completes when game is loaded  (Read 114 times)

Plotinus

« on: April 14, 2024, 01:51:11 PM »
Egel has learned 12 rituals so far: General sacrifice, bear skull rite, building a fire to attract forest maids, making foxes to come at the bait, fisherman's springtime sacrifice, net favorableness, meeting the water folk, blood stanching incantation, meeting the spirit of the forest, persuading the forest with a bread, releasing animal from the forest cover. He got the spirit world game course task and spent a while wandering around looking for a lost woodsman, then I put the game away.

When I reloaded the game, the task automatically completed.

I would expect the task to either automatically complete as soon as I get, if i have learned all the rituals already, or to not autocomplete if there are still some to learn, but for it to not be tied to loading the game in either case. I have a save game available if needed.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 06:05:03 AM »
I think this has been the case for last few years actually. 3.62 or even earlier.
I think the quest mechanism doesn’t check already learnt “new” after initial 4 spells/incantations. But when game loads, it does check for ”spells learnt since 16yo, day1”

Not sure if it’s bug in checking new spells, or bug in loading game when no additional spells were learnt since the quest was given; but I treat it thus: get the quest for new spell. Save game. Load the character. Proceed surviving/thriving in the Frozen North.