Topic: Spring things, pausable things, future things  (Read 538 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: April 08, 2024, 08:43:26 PM »
Springtime is busy time - both out in the nature and inside the development chambers. We're preparing for a new version release still this month.

Pausable crafting additions is proceeding strongly. Quite a batch of craftable items will be using the pausable crafting mechanics in the upcoming version.
At this point the pausable crafting mechanics will cover all the weapons, lumber items, hafts and  item traps such as paw-board fox trap and loop snare - and some more are likely to be added.  So, with the upcoming version more than half of the craftable items will become pausable tasks. And in the version after that we'll likely manage to have all the crafts pausable, allowing it also in all the diy_*.txt modding.

A new skill, bowyer, will be also added. It's quite self-explanatory that this is the ability and knowledge to make bows and the craftable bows now call for bowyer skills in their crafting. And longbow will be made available as a new craftable bow type for the player character.

So, for the next few versions we'll be working mostly on item related additions, and hope to have these released in decent pace. After that, when all the crafting is pausable, we'll move into adding new quests. Some of these will be small and casual, but some will be most exciting for the  players who'd enjoy the presence of marriage or permanent companions.
Let that be a sneak peek in advance further into this year's plans.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Kouvostoliitto

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 07:10:31 AM »
I suggest a new ability "assassin", which could be attached to the same menu as the strikes. This would be most effective against a target that has not yet noticed the attacker, or has turned its back. It could also include the art of poisoning. But since it is a relatively rare activity, I suggest that you can go and study it. And that reminded me that wandering merchants have a base somewhere in the middle of the world, from where it is a short distance to everywhere.
I have attacked the enemy with his back to me with the best sword, but I have only wounded him.
The possibility of killing the target at once is only possible for animals to be slaughtered, although understandably it is not always possible even in those cases.
I suggest changing the physical characteristics that can be searched with Random to be self-selectable - up to the length.
Hopefully ww3 won't start before these are done...

anything