Topic: If you eliminate Njerpez culture, do wandering njerpez stop spawning?  (Read 1089 times)

Isauros

« on: December 29, 2023, 02:18:52 AM »
I've noticed that wandering Njerp' spawns seem to not have any relation to nearby war camps (i.e. you can have loads of spawned war camps but wanderers don't seem to increase). This makes me curious as to whether destroying their culture entirely, would prevent their spawns. If no one knows, I might do an experiment to find out. ;D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 03:46:52 AM by Isauros »

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 05:01:04 PM »
I have committed Njerpocide.  All villages and camps wiped out as far as I can tell (new camps were popping up until the last village was razed so it is possible that I've missed one or more).  I continued play for a couple of years and based myself in the former Njerp lands, and have not seen any wanderers.  So yeah, I think they stop spawning.  I kinda miss the little red fellas now!

I sometimes found wandering Njerps within a few tiles of a camp, and if I killed them the camp had fewer warriors in it than the usual when I attacked it.  It seems that some wandering Njerps are wandering around in twos or threes close to camps, and others are wandering the wilderness and spawn at random - now weighted towards spawning near Njerp territory rather than all over the world as was previously the case.

Isauros

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 01:12:10 AM »
Would you say there were more wandering njerpez in their home territory than in Kaumo, or was it roughly the same?

Bert Preast

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 03:31:07 PM »
I understand they are weighted to spawn more around their own territory and in the south east in general.  They used to pop up all over the map, but that was changed to improve game balance.  A wandering Njerp is easy riches for a combat orientated character, but lethal for anyone else.  Now, if you want to encounter them you have to head into their lands or near their borders - like the Kaumo lands.

Feriogic

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 12:45:17 PM »
What are the specific regions or territories where wandering Njerpez are more likely to spawn after eliminating Njerpez culture, and how does this distribution compare to Kaumo?
:)

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 02:09:07 AM »
Njerpez can spawn anywhere in the 2/3 of the eastern portion of the map.
Lands around Reemi and Kaumo get pretty decent camp spawn rate. You can also get camps spawn around Kiesse and Koivula pretty often. I rarely/never play the north east corner.