Topic: Travel time on different terrain?  (Read 2206 times)

TMagurowitz

« on: December 08, 2023, 11:32:44 PM »
Hey. I usually make it a point to travel through mire rather than woods, and avoid mountains and hills if I can. Are pine and open mires or heathland any faster to travel through on the wilderness map than denser spruce mires and other types of woods?

Not sure if my logic makes sense because mires would be muddy marshy soil anyway.

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 04:05:54 AM »
I’m pretty sure I’ve be not noticed any speed difference traveling on wilderness map.
Hills in Finland tend to be very mellow, I’d say they’re faster to travel on foot than open or pine mire.
Groves, Heath, lichenous, hills would all  be fast to travel.. Spruce mire can be dense, or but more sparse, getting through dense is slow, getting through more sparse and it’s as easy as heath. Thickets are slow to get through.

That said, edges of heath sand ridges are absolute pain to climb. Especially when hauling crates of landmines.

TMagurowitz

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 12:33:32 AM »
I’m pretty sure I’ve be not noticed any speed difference traveling on wilderness map.
Hills in Finland tend to be very mellow, I’d say they’re faster to travel on foot than open or pine mire.
Groves, Heath, lichenous, hills would all  be fast to travel.. Spruce mire can be dense, or but more sparse, getting through dense is slow, getting through more sparse and it’s as easy as heath. Thickets are slow to get through.

That said, edges of heath sand ridges are absolute pain to climb. Especially when hauling crates of landmines.

Thanks for the reply. So would you say then coniferous forest / spruce mire is still slower than pine and open mires?