Topic: [3.82] Porridge can only be cooked in absurdly small portions  (Read 3263 times)

Senthe

« on: November 25, 2023, 08:19:51 PM »
Currently it seems porridge can only be cooked in completely tiny portions (something like 1/10 of the pot volume), and each of those portions requires a pot, a few hours, and tons of button presses that can't be replicated with "r" button for more convenient "mass"-production. This amount in my experience is enough for like 30-40% of daily nutrition, compared to 100+% given by a simple meat soup, which takes shorter to cook, and, more significantly, requires only one button-mashing session ; )

So why can porridge be produced only in such a pitiful amount in one go? Is this intended?

Currently it seems it's way easier and way less stressful for me as a player to just take my flour and create tons and tons of flatbreads, which require just one button click and seem to provide nutrition comparable to porridge (and of course don't require containers to carry around or trade).

Which is overall a bit unrealistic I think, porridge was supposed to be the common staple food, so I reckon it shouldn't be that inconvenient in the game to cook it in reasonable amounts, if we already have a pot and all the ingredients.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:23:07 PM by Senthe »

Matti-patti

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 12:10:51 PM »
More of a suggestion, but I agree. I wouldn't bother with the flatbread and quick porridge though as they are laborious to make. Instead I'd buy a second pot to make more oven porridge, which also serves as case in point of the problem.

anything