Topic: How does material used affect clothes and arrows effectiveness?  (Read 3508 times)

Senthe

« on: November 24, 2023, 02:22:06 PM »
1. I know that villagers dislike trading for arrows with stone and bone tips. But are they mechanically the same as iron arrows or not? Are they less accurate, do less damage, are they more likely to break? Or are they literally the same thing, just perceived as less valuable?

2. Similar question about clothes. Does it matter which kind of fur or leather I use to craft clothes? Are they warmer or more protective based on animal they came from? Also in case of fur, does it matter if it was winter fur or not?

Matti-patti

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 07:54:02 PM »
For 2. there is a table on the Wiki page on clothing: http://unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Clothing

Only generic, elk, reindeer and bear fur are worth using.

Clothing from winter fur doesn't have better warmth. Fine and masterwork fur clothing get +1 warmth and IIRC +1 blunt (masterwork leather is +1 point/edge and IIRC tear, no bonus at fine).

Player made reindeer leather clothing (used the starting animal from the scenario) is blunt:2 edge:2 point:1 tear:3 squeeze:2 warmth:2 (i.e. worse than the fur, no point in using).

« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 07:57:49 PM by Matti-patti »