Topic: steam crashes?  (Read 4815 times)

ThatsAllFolkes

« on: September 10, 2023, 11:46:14 PM »
idk if this mightve been posted before, first time posting but i have the steam version of the game and about every half hour or couple hours ill randomly get a crash. i just finished working on my smoke house and when i went to start collecting stones for the fireplace i got 1 tile over and crashed, if this has already been talked about and/or solved could someone direct me to that post? thnx
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 06:52:49 PM by Sami »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 07:13:57 AM »
Hi,
1st, I moved this report from solved to open bug reports.
2nd, if the crashes are frequent, do they kill the game and drop to desktop?
Or does it hang first anywhere? Is it with existing / migrated character or new character from the running version?
3rd can you tell us you operating system, the version you’re running, the steam client version and if the steam updated you to 3.81, or are you still on 3.80?

The more information you can provide, better it helps the developers to get an idea what might be going on.

Erkka

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 09:33:28 AM »
In this case, and also the case reported by Ares in another thread, I think a relevant question is also if there is anti-virus software active on the computer. (That, in addition to the usual background questions; the operating system, the game version).
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 12:26:39 PM »
idk if this mightve been posted before, first time posting but i have the steam version of the game and about every half hour or couple hours ill randomly get a crash. i just finished working on my smoke house and when i went to start collecting stones for the fireplace i got 1 tile over and crashed, if this has already been talked about and/or solved could someone direct me to that post? thnx

Random crashes are often system dependant and their clearance varies.
There are many threads about individual crashes and their solutions, but here are few on Steam, and about Windows 10.
In these cases the crashes were quite surprisingly caused by Kaspersky AntiVirus and not-up-to-date NVidia graphics card drivers:

Kaspersky AntiVirus
https://steamcommunity.com/app/351700/discussions/7/3362524231619735954/

Nvidia graphics card update
https://steamcommunity.com/app/351700/discussions/7/1813170373235566686/

You can also post a bug report at our Steam bug reports sections, and maybe further assistance can be found there as well.
The details about your operating system are often quite crucial to get on track about these issues.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything