Topic: Herblore Quest Reward  (Read 5806 times)

Ares

« on: September 04, 2023, 01:11:28 PM »
It's rather slow to grind up herblore, and also doesn't make much sense. Sitting and pondering an unknown leaf every day for a year shouldn't make you suddenly much wiser when it comes to the mushroom you later find. I think it would make more sense if herblore were taught to the PC by sages and foresters as a reward for performing quests, or even occasionally in exchange for goods.

Ezhe

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 08:22:30 AM »
I think this is a good idea.

Bert Preast

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 05:45:02 PM »
The trouble is that some players, myself included, enjoy playing without human contact.  Just going off into the wilderness and becoming a hermit.  Your suggestion would mean raising herblore becoming impossible.

Of course, so long as those like me could still grind herblore the old way, I would have no problems with your idea - it's a pain in the arse to grind and anything that eases this without unbalancing the game is very welcome.

I do think grinding herblore needs tweaking.  For starters, it should do every herb in the inventory at once, so fewer keystrokes and fewer people taking Sami to court for giving them RSI.  I also don't see it as simply pondering the herb, you'd be smelling it, rubbing it on a sensitive bit of skin, kissing it, even putting it in your mouth (stop sniggering at the back there!).  I think herblore should raise a lot faster; but using it should take longer than a minute or two and use up a portion of the herb, much as how bait bait is used up as you fish with it.