Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.81] Blacksmith continually fails to make item?  (Read 6758 times)

two94

« on: July 23, 2023, 05:54:08 AM »
I've tried several times to have a blacksmith create different items. Each time, he'll say it's close to finished, and then report "I'm really sorry. Something came up and I couldn't make it this time." The smith will go so far as to report the item will be ready "shortly" and then say he couldn't make it. It seems like a bug. Possibly I'm missing something that's intended in gameplay?

-I've tried this with various items from this same smith
-I've waited in the village the entire time for him to make it
-I've stayed away from the village until the item should be finished
-After the completion of the item fails, the blacksmithing circle stays on the village, still indicating how long ago I placed the order
-I don't know if this would matter at all, but it's a forester village
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 09:33:43 PM by Sami »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 10:24:41 AM »
My guess is that you've been very unlucky.
I've had one case with failed delivery, and believe I've had successful deliveries from that smith later.

There is something wrong with the smith's predicted delivery times, though, as I've had instances like "it will be ready tomorrow", so I come back the next day, only to be told that it will be ready in the morning, and by the next noon it will still be ready in the morning (and it actually was ready the next day, finally).

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 06:37:06 PM »
I've tried several times to have a blacksmith create different items. Each time, he'll say it's close to finished, and then report "I'm really sorry. Something came up and I couldn't make it this time." The smith will go so far as to report the item will be ready "shortly" and then say he couldn't make it. It seems like a bug. Possibly I'm missing something that's intended in gameplay?

-I've tried this with various items from this same smith
-I've waited in the village the entire time for him to make it
-I've stayed away from the village until the item should be finished
-After the completion of the item fails, the blacksmithing circle stays on the village, still indicating how long ago I placed the order
-I don't know if this would matter at all, but it's a forester village

Hmm.... you could do so that to initiate some item order (in the said village) and then save the game, .zip up the character folder and e-mail it over to me: sami [at] unrealworld.fi
I'll then try waiting for the order to complete and see how it goes.

It shouldn't matter if it's a forester village. 
Oh, and also have you ever succeeded in ordering blacksmith items? Not in this particular village, but in the game in general.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

two94

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 09:04:06 PM »
thank you! i have sent an email with a RAR'd file. also, i have been able to successfully order items from blacksmiths in this world--both other villages and even that particular blacksmith, in fact. i think i was able to order two items from him successfully before he went on his losing streak! there is another blacksmith order at a village west of the first one that became a problem, and the blacksmith there is also suffering from a long streak of failing to produce items.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 11:14:36 AM »
Okay, so now we have found and fixed an issue here that might have caused the blacksmith order failures mentioned in some other reports as well.

The thing is that in this case the blacksmith failed to carry the ordered finished item because he was carrying too much load in his inventory.
The excess inventory then is a result of the fact that blacksmiths don't seem to restock the items they receive in trades - at least not in a swift manner.
It's fixed now so that blacksmiths will restock their carried inventory before attempting to carry the finished ordered item.

If you want to help the blacksmith to ease their burden before the next version is out then the solutions are to wait for a long time and hope that they'll eventually drop the excess items, or to trade the heavy items back from them.

Fixed - persists in 3.81.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 09:33:56 PM by Sami »
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Kouvostoliitto

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023, 02:12:10 PM »
Okay, so now we have found and fixed an issue here that might have caused the blacksmith order failures mentioned in some other reports as well.

The thing is that in this case the blacksmith failed to carry the ordered finished item because he was carrying too much load in his inventory.
The excess inventory then is a result of the fact that blacksmiths don't seem to restock the items they receive in trades - at least not in a swift manner.
It's fixed now so that blacksmiths will restock their carried inventory before attempting to carry the finished ordered item.

This is probably an inadvertent oversight - when you tear down the building and rebuild it, the notches on the logs are gone, so you have to re-notch the logs.
If you want to help the blacksmith to ease their burden before the next version is out then the solutions are to wait for a long time and hope that they'll eventually drop the excess items, or to trade the heavy items back from them.

Fixed - persists in 3.80.

I went to a small settlement (owned by a family). I put a northern bow and a broadhead arrow ready in hand (to shoot). I saved. When I started the game again, a cliff had appeared around the village (arund like in fortified villages), which you couldn't climb down.
I killed the old man wandering around to get out of the village (enter), and when I zoomed south of the village to see if the cliff was still there, the plants were gone, but the cliff and the village on it remained. Part of the forest remained elsewhere.

It has sometimes happened that an adventurer wounded by a beast does not need help. I think it might be because you go into the tent and leave without asking anything?
Once in the case of the blacksmith "Something happened"... he had put the arrowheads in the tent. This is probably not a bug?
But if the 2 kids don't run away, but attack and defeat the 96% Grandmaster swordsman... not a bug, but have to reprogrammed.

And when you tear down the building and rebuild it, the notches on the logs are gone, so you have to re-notch the logs.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 10:25:42 AM by Kouvostoliitto »