Topic: Changing items to new Miscellaneous category  (Read 3412 times)

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« on: May 23, 2023, 07:19:20 PM »
Pretty simple suggestion, change categories of non-weapon and other items that don't function as weapons or tools without assembly to Miscellaneous.
Arrow heads, bow strings, bandages, fish hooks, feathers, antlers, skulls, bones, and teeth.

Less clutter, all items still readily available.

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 11:56:39 PM »
Pretty simple suggestion, change categories of non-weapon and other items that don't function as weapons or tools without assembly to Miscellaneous.
Less clutter, all items still readily available.
I am guessing you are not using filter [TAB] functionality much (or at least, not using it much for filtering less frequently used categories such as Valuables, Containers, etc.) however I, for one, do use it, and use it regularly. For me, categories is useful even when not actively filtering [TAB], but simply visually browsing the vast loot I obtained from the reds, paid with the blood of many four-legged soldiers.

Like most functionality people use & like, I would not want to see it removed.

In my eyes, categories is not clutter - it is beauty.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 07:15:57 AM »
That guess would be about opposite for my case*. I use Tab on almost everything. But I feel the additional bowstrings and arrow heads and bandages are pushing down the tools out of initial view. Yes, I know I can alter the category order too. Dropping armor to neighbor Valuables is practical, although I do prefer them after weapons for the ease of coming back from patrol and taking iron armor pieces off.
Having “non-functional” items in the categories seems, waste of screen real estate. For what it’s worth: I also use PgUp, PgDn and arrow left and arrow right to work the inventory.

You can’t really wield a bow string and use it to attack anything.

(IT engineer for ~25 years: major in telecoms, minor in computer science, did move to army reserves as Signals Lt)

*the suggestion is for everyone’s benefit, not to my personal “want”.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 07:22:36 AM »
Reading your comment second time, I think you might have misread. I am not suggesting removing ANY Categories. I’m asking items to be moved into Miscellaneous category introduced in 3.80
E.g. bow string is currently in Weapons. You can’t wield and use it to attack an enemy. You can attach/apply it to a bow without a string. Hence: move it to Miscellaneous.
E.g.2 elk bone, you can’t apply/use it in anyway directly. You can craft it to other items. Move it from Tools to Miscellaneous.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 07:24:20 AM by JP_Finn »

Brygun

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 06:19:00 AM »
I've played the game for years and didn't know TAB was a thing.  ::)

I also think Misc is a good category. As a mega mod BAC has a lot of things that to put in stages of time on big things like helmets or complex boats are stages of work. As a stage its usually not useful for anything other than the next stage.

anything