UnReal World > Not bugs

[3.72 p#1] Sauna Stove not an Oven for baking

(1/2) > >>

Brygun:
Soo.. tad odd...

the Sauna Stove rather than a fireplace... counts as suitable for [boil] but not for [bake]

Showed trying to make a Meat Stew which has [bake] commands. The Meat Soup using [boil] was fine.

Im not sure if thats intended or not.

That it is called a Sauna >Stove< had me thinking it was all purpose thus could bake as well.

If its intended cabins need both a fireplace and sauna after all.

PALU:
I've always operated according to the assumption that a sauna and a cabin for living are two different things, so I make a sauna building where smoking and sauna baths are dealt with, and a building for actually living in.

The sauna is a small building according to my blueprints (the stove and a table to sit on (that also doubles as a surface for hide working), although a larger building that also allows for a bench to provide for two different levels to sit on for different amounts of heat is also an option).

You don't want to have the building you live in filled with smoke, so you couldn't realistically use the same building for smoking and living in (on the other hand you probably can't really smoke food and take a sauna bath at the same time either).

A sauna stove tends to consist of a large metal container (or built from stones) containing a lot of stones inside to act as a store for retained heat. A normal stove would have an oven instead of the stones in that section above the fire (and there would be additional differences as well, to allow the sauna stove to either lead the smoke out of the building or lead it into it, depending on whether you wanted to take a bath or smoke food, although that might just be a standard function to block of the chimney/hole in the roof to switch between letting the smoke out and retaining the warm air inside).

JP_Finn:
Sauna stove (in 3.80Beta) works as baking suitable cooker/stove/oven for vanilla meat stew and porridge. I’m pretty sure my characters have made stews in all previous versions.
This might be mod related, possibly game side bug though.
But it’s not sauna stove not working as valid [bake] oven.

Brygun:
im not using the Beta so im on 3.72 patch #1

Stews are I think [boil] command not [bake]. I suspect porridge is too.

Can you try something that uses [bake]?

From what i see flatbread is [roast] so wouldnt be testing that

JP_Finn:
Stews require heated fireplace with embers. Live flames won’t allow you to stew meat.

I’ll add a [bake] recipe and see what comes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version