Topic: Item Qualities on Transport Items  (Read 3778 times)

GrimmSpector

« on: May 01, 2023, 06:32:12 PM »
I'm talking things like skis, sesta's, paddles, rafts, etc., does the quality of the item produced have any impact? On character movement speed? Difficulty of moving the item? Anything at all other than item trade value? Curious.

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 07:00:20 PM »
I think it only matter for trade values.  I still like to make them at least decent quality when I can though, for RP and OCD purposes!

GrimmSpector

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 03:06:59 AM »
I think it only matter for trade values.  I still like to make them at least decent quality when I can though, for RP and OCD purposes!

Yeah, for RP I intend to recraft eventually to get the better qualities but for my first attempts this run, it's fine lol.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 03:46:11 AM »
I usually have inferior skis and my skill improves fast. I guess using bad skis makes you a better skier  ;)
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 03:46:22 PM »
I usually have inferior skis and my skill improves fast. I guess using bad skis makes you a better skier  ;)

Interesting idea, I wish I had a game editor to use to test this hypothesis

Bert Preast

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 06:38:08 PM »
Find some open or pine mire and ski back and forth on the zoomed in map.  This quickly raises skill by 3% per day.

It doesn't hurt to hide while you do it, to train up stealth too.  Stealth seems to raise faster if there is something to hide from, a trapped bird is handy here.

JP_Finn

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 11:23:29 PM »
In summer when you can't ski properly, you can climb along a fence to work climbing&stealth. (better if you set [AUTO_CLIMB_FENCE:YES] in urw_ini.txt first though). And not risking injury falling. Although, Climbing nude* and getting hurt can be used to train physician in the summer, during winter time frost bites are easy to get without gloves.

*more injuries and no damage to clothes.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 03:18:37 PM »
Find some open or pine mire and ski back and forth on the zoomed in map.  This quickly raises skill by 3% per day.

It doesn't hurt to hide while you do it, to train up stealth too.  Stealth seems to raise faster if there is something to hide from, a trapped bird is handy here.

I didn't realize you could improve by more than 1% each day!

PALU

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 09:35:52 AM »
As Bert Preast indicated, you can increase the skill three times a day (with the "day" starting and ending in an otherwise unmarked time during what's described as "morning". If you know you had a skill increase the previous day, you can check for stars to determined whether the day has ticked over yet, otherwise wait for "late morning"), but the star indication appears on the first increase, so you'd have to keep track of what the skill was before the increase to know how much it has increased (and thus whether any additional training has any chance to actually produce any results).