Topic: 3.80 (beta) Retting improves unarmed skill  (Read 3439 times)

Galgana

« on: April 30, 2023, 01:24:01 AM »
My character's unarmed skill went from 40% to 43% after I soaked 100 units of a plant.

That doesn't seem right to me because the retting action falls under the textilecraft menu. Is this intentional?
I can think of a similar example where a weapon skill improves outside of combat, e.g. flail skill when threshing from the agriculture menu.

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 09:33:01 PM »
Did you help someone who was lost in the forest?  If you did, you probably got the 3% rise from him.  The rise is not implemented until the next time you use the skill, so you may have helped him months ago and then kicked a bird to death or something, which would then give you the 3% rise in unarmed.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 10:43:14 AM »
Checked the code, and there was no such conflict/issue to be found there.

Could this be that the increase happened earlier, for some other reason?
Bert Preast's theory is one plausible explanation.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Galgana

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 05:22:34 PM »
Did you help someone who was lost in the forest?  If you did, you probably got the 3% rise from him.  The rise is not implemented until the next time you use the skill, so you may have helped him months ago and then kicked a bird to death or something, which would then give you the 3% rise in unarmed.

I never completed any quests on this save file, as this was a freshly generated character I was using to test flora edits.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 05:37:06 PM »
I never completed any quests on this save file, as this was a freshly generated character I was using to test flora edits.

Okay. Then it's quite puzzling issue. Codewise there's no conflicts to be found, and with a few quick test I couldn't reproduce.
Maybe an overflow somewhere that affected the unarmed skill is my best guess. Please follow-up if you notice it again.
- Sami | UnReal World creator