Topic: How to turn"fistfuls" into "bunches"  (Read 3511 times)

rrrrisoto

« on: April 04, 2023, 02:49:02 AM »
I've got 160 fistfuls leaves while the guy who gave me the quest need 60 bunches of them.

Unfortunately I didn't find any regular way to achieve that.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 08:48:43 AM »
I expect those to be intended to mean the same thing. Have you tried to talk to him and offer 60 fistfuls of the leaves (of whatever the requested plant is, of course)?

As far as I've seen all such quests have been for leaves, and those can just be picked even when immature. Mature plants can be harvested and then have to be "threshed" to extract the useful parts from them. Apart from this typically yielding more than just picking, it also tends to provide additional parts of the plants, and thus is the better option when available (which it isn't when the quest is given before the plants have matured).

rrrrisoto

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 03:10:16 PM »
I expect those to be intended to mean the same thing. Have you tried to talk to him and offer 60 fistfuls of the leaves (of whatever the requested plant is, of course)?

As far as I've seen all such quests have been for leaves, and those can just be picked even when immature. Mature plants can be harvested and then have to be "threshed" to extract the useful parts from them. Apart from this typically yielding more than just picking, it also tends to provide additional parts of the plants, and thus is the better option when available (which it isn't when the quest is given before the plants have matured).
The hilarious thing is that he simply told me he don't need it for now after I gave him what I've been gathering for almost an hour. I stop playing before I find a way to fix this because I want neither his disappointment nor my time in vain.
But harvest and thresh might be worth trying. Thx for that.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 03:20:24 AM »
curious to see screen shot of quest dialog and a shot of your inventory.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 05:23:48 PM »
I've run into this too ... haven't made it back but all I'm finding are pinches when they asked for fistfuls, not encouraging. I think it may be because the plants are young?