Topic: Nettles aren't identified as to whether they're mature or immature  (Read 3127 times)

PALU

« on: March 29, 2023, 05:15:21 PM »
After harvesting the nettles in an area I ended up with two stacks that had exactly the same description. One of them could be threshed (leaving stems that could be retted), and the other one couldn't (both of them could be retted directly with no warning to issued when trying to ret them).

Edit:
Corrected report by removing a problem that wasn't (apart from me not paying attention).

Edit 2:
Tested to ret mature nettles: No indication that the player might want to thresh them first.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 05:30:06 PM by PALU »

Tinker

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 10:06:18 AM »
I have also a problem with nettles, it may be connected to this or be unrelated.

Most times I only collect mature plants to thresh before retting, some days there are only a few nettles sometimes dozens. After retting I sometimes end up with retted plants that will not stack. I ended up with 7 stacks of 5 to 12 nettles that were retted and dried but  could not extract fibre as each stack was to small, other dried retted plants will stack and I think some nettles did.

The problem may have been caused by me, I had been experiments with a mod to use straw from other plants to make straw baskets and maybe this interfered with the nettle code.

anything