Topic: Blacksmith NPCs and ordering their products  (Read 9648 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 12:07:15 PM »
In the example picture the "Is there a blacksmith here?" seems to be in the "Ask for help/company" chat mode selection. Would it be more easy to find if it was put under "Ask for directions" like for example "where is your water supply" is?

Hmm. It's there because asking for a sage is also under "Ask for help/company.". Asking for directions is reserved for inanimate things and the surroundings.
We could move it, but I'm sure it wouldn't take long before somebody suggest moving it back, for the sake of consistency - or whatever. ;)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Vahvapito

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »

Hmm. It's there because asking for a sage is also under "Ask for help/company.". Asking for directions is reserved for inanimate things and the surroundings.

This makes sense. In my head blacksmith was more of a location but I see your point.

MrMotorhead

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2023, 11:32:04 PM »
Great addition.  I feel like the blacksmith will always want firewood delivered.  Perhaps he could have work available or just a frequently offered version of the "Help with chores" quest to deliver firewood.

Really looking forward to when we'll be able to have a pair of socks made!

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2023, 10:02:18 AM »
Great addition.  I feel like the blacksmith will always want firewood delivered.  Perhaps he could have work available or just a frequently offered version of the "Help with chores" quest to deliver firewood.

Yep, we've already cherished ideas about helping the blacksmith with collecting the forging related materials. But that's not yet gonna be in in the first blacksmith featuring version to be released. There's a lot to and great potential to spin-off with this addition.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything