Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.72 patch #1] Njerpez warriors shoot tree trunks at me  (Read 4546 times)

Ezhe

« on: January 09, 2023, 05:11:14 PM »
seems when they ran out of arrows, they then shot tree trunks, with bow in one hand and a shield in the other hand. version 3.72-patch#1
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 12:09:43 PM by Sami »

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 05:53:56 PM »
That's...  terrifying.

Any of them hit you?

ineedcords

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 08:37:43 PM »
Nejerpez warriors shoot tree trunks at me!
Well, were you doing particularly good in battle, just before this happened? If so, perhaps it is a new feature?

A new algorithm quietly slipped into the 3.72-patch#3 as a limited-time easter egg, for detecting players in the 99th percentile by the in-game battle performance & showering them with this unique compliment, some sort of flower bouquet (with the known limitations of the climate & season), same day air delivered by friends from eastern lands in their lovely Christmas attire and spirit.

Maybe it is meant to be taken not as a bug but as a testament to the bravery, skill in combat, and the indomitable spirit of honoured recipient  ;)

This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Ezhe

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 06:07:14 PM »
That's...  terrifying.

Any of them hit you?

they hit me for once or twice, but it seems that tree trunk has no missile damage, so I was fine hit by an over 200kg late-iron age missile. ;D

Ezhe

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 06:21:23 PM »
Nejerpez warriors shoot tree trunks at me!
Well, were you doing particularly good in battle, just before this happened? If so, perhaps it is a new feature?

A new algorithm quietly slipped into the 3.72-patch#3 as a limited-time easter egg, for detecting players in the 99th percentile by the in-game battle performance & showering them with this unique compliment, some sort of flower bouquet (with the known limitations of the climate & season), same day air delivered by friends from eastern lands in their lovely Christmas attire and spirit.

Maybe it is meant to be taken not as a bug but as a testament to the bravery, skill in combat, and the indomitable spirit of honoured recipient  ;)

To be honest, the battle was surely smooth. 1 of those 3 Njerpez warriors died at the very beginning due to an arrow piercing his eye, which I didn't even expect to hit him. I kited the other 2 after they are fatigued and shot them. even when I missed the one I aimed at, the arrow always hit the other. I don't know if I performed a good battle, but I'm sure that I was really lucky. ;D
This new easter egg is really great. even if it's a bug, it's an interesting one and I'll feel some regret for it being fixed. by the way I also experienced out-of-arrow foreign traders shooting branches and rocks at me. but tree trunks really surprised me at start.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 06:25:23 PM by Ezhe »

Kreivos

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 05:22:52 PM »
I think this is something new, same just happened to me :D They also shot rocks and stones. And it seems like they pull them from thin air as the robber wasn't carrying any stones or rocks but he keeps shooting them every turn.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 05:46:34 PM by Kreivos »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 07:24:41 PM »
Woah, that's quite something! Very, very intriguing issue.

If you ppl encounter this again I'd be very happy to receive a savegame from the heat of the tree trunk missile combat, or it can be rock and branches too. When you notice the issue, save the game and send the savegame over to me.

I'll try to reproduce on my own, but we'll be quicker to get on track if we receive a savegame where the issue is active.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Ezhe

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 04:30:58 AM »
Woah, that's quite something! Very, very intriguing issue.

If you ppl encounter this again I'd be very happy to receive a savegame from the heat of the tree trunk missile combat, or it can be rock and branches too. When you notice the issue, save the game and send the savegame over to me.

I'll try to reproduce on my own, but we'll be quicker to get on track if we receive a savegame where the issue is active.
Thank you very much. I've already sent it.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 07:58:02 PM »
Thanks to Ezhe's savegame, this is now found and fixed.

When having ran out of arrows, in some conditions NPCs still decided to keep wielding their bow.
And as they now kept shooting their bows the actual arrows were replaced with quite random items.

Fixed - persists in 3.72-patch #2
- Sami | UnReal World creator