Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.72] walking through walls v3.72 stable  (Read 4198 times)

ethan

« on: January 01, 2023, 03:08:47 PM »
Getting into the game again, and feeling frustrated.  Besides being dropped in the middle of a frozen lake from the map view, I can now walk through walls.

Savefile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-y-ME_vOMmRTtzcefvgmugJCKRXekO3Q/view?usp=share_link
Mov: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15jJd-dEf6lUHKp7lzFhAHHWoWHKQ1QWm/view?usp=share_link

This forum is so antiquated... Cant upload video let alone a save zip smaller than 1mb.  Also frustrating. Lol "can't post external links".  How do we post save files and demo videos?

mod edit (ineedcords): enabled hyperlinks.
mod edit (ineedcords): added '[cannot reproduce]' prefix to the subject as I tried and was not able to reproduce the bug.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 05:12:57 PM by Sami »

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 03:57:29 PM »
Getting into the game again, and feeling frustrated.  Besides being dropped in the middle of a frozen lake from the map view, I can now walk through walls.

Savefile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-y-ME_vOMmRTtzcefvgmugJCKRXekO3Q/view?usp=share_link
Mov: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15jJd-dEf6lUHKp7lzFhAHHWoWHKQ1QWm/view?usp=share_link

This forum is so antiquated... Cant upload video let alone a save zip smaller than 1mb.  Also frustrating. Lol "can't post external links".  How do we post save files and demo videos?

Sorry to hear you are not having a great time...

With regard to the hyperlinks and forum software:
I checked your links, seeing they are legit, modified your post and enabled hyperlinks.
Just so that you know, the reason hyperlinks are not enabled FOR YOU just yet is not because of the forum software age but because of your account age.
You are a new forum member, you could be a spammer (of which we have many) so it is a security measure.

With regard to the bug report:
I checked your savegame using the latest UrW for Windows (3.72-patch #1) and I cannot replicate the bug. Can you provide additional information:
* Any mods involved at all or fully vanilla?
* What O/S are you on?
* What is the exact version of the game you are using?
* Is this a game that you created on another version and now continuing on the current version you have? If so, on which version did you create it?
* If you save game, close the game down completely (not go back to the main menu and resume but fully exit to desktop) and then re-launch the game and resume, is the bug still there?
* If on Steam, have you tried verifying integrity of game files?  (to eliminate any corrupt game files risk)
* If not on Steam, can you try an alternative location second installation of the game to try whether the bug still occurs on the alternative installation? (to eliminate any corrupt game files risk)
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 08:57:40 AM »

The most important detail we need first is your operating system?
I suspect OS X, as I've heard few reports of the "walk-through-walk" on OS X with 3.72. Windows and Linux versions don't seem to suffer from this. The issue is being investigated and remedied asap.

Walk through walls is such a showstopper that you may want to revert back to previous stable version 3.71 until the next OS X patch is out.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 05:12:32 PM »
This got fixed in 3.72 patch #1.
OS X version issue.

Fixed - persists in 3.72.
- Sami | UnReal World creator