Topic: [Spoilers] Forest Cow Quest  (Read 2179 times)

Arsenic

« on: December 06, 2022, 04:18:02 AM »
I was given a quest to find a cow that had wandered off from a village and gotten taken into "forest cover". The quest says to look for the tracks then perform a new ritual on the freshest tracks I can find to make the cow visible.

it has been 10 in game days of searching column by column, sometimes zooming in and spinning around, and other times using the tracking skill on the overworld map with no sign of the cow tracks.

It is the earlier part of winter with knee deep snow and I have 73% tracking skill if it matters much.

Does anyone have any tips to help find the cow, or is it just pure luck of finding the tracks?

rudy

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 06:41:14 PM »
In my experience this quest is for masochists, or those who have completely run out of things to do.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

Arsenic

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 07:31:17 PM »
Thanks for the info, this did start feeling a bit masochistic with the repetitive inputs.

Is it better to tell the quest giver that I give up, or is it better to let the quest expire?

rudy

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 07:47:49 PM »
I don't think it matters, but I'm not certain.

Tinker

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 09:52:19 AM »
If you wait for a quest to expire then I do not think you will get another quest until after it expires. If you return to the quest giver and give up you will get new quest offers quicker. I am not sure on this point as I never do quests.

Ezhe

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 12:34:38 PM »
Press F6, you will see a circle marked on map, which shows the area of possible location of the lost livestock. then try to start searching from the center of that circle. By my experience, the track of the lost livestock is most likely to be found there.