Topic: [OUTDATED] [3.72] Community Mod BAC  (Read 24553 times)

Tinker

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2023, 09:54:43 AM »
Another thing I thought of is that most metal working needs to get metal hot with charcoal but the player gets no heat from the furnace or forge, in winter with a long production you can get very cold. Adding a need for a fire nearby, as a starter for the furnace, you get some player heat in winter and can get sweaty in the summer. This small effect will be important when sami adds temperature affecting players but is good now for RP.

Bert Preast

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2023, 08:02:52 PM »
Bug in LoydettyTarvike() function. Report!

Just had this message appear while crafting a dipnet from this mod.  It doesn't seem to have crashed anything, and I made the dipnet successfully.

Running Windows 10 and Steam 3.72#1

"Report" was in big scary red letters, so am reporting!  Save available.

Bert Preast

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2023, 12:13:21 AM »
I was well chuffed to make a fine northern staff-bow.  But now winter has arrived, I was expecting it to work as a ski-stick, but it doesn't seem to.  I have tested and skiing with my ski-stick makes me ski, while skiing with my northern staff-bow gives me messages that I need a ski-stick to ski.  The northern spear I made works fine as a ski-stick.

The snow is only ankle deep, may that have an effect?  Or is the staff-bow not meant to act as a ski-stick, in which case what does it do?

Edited to add a minor text bug:  When making iron armour the text still asks for pliers, rather than tongs.

Okay, things are getting weird now:  The helm I made is named "raven iron spectacle helm"; and provides almost no protection, being dark red in every category.  I used a superior raven leather in the forging, along with a fine steel dome and 2 perfect and 2 fine steel billets and all the tools I used were fine quality.  To say I am a tad disappointed would be an understatement  ;D 

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 08:20:23 PM by Bert Preast »

rudy

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2023, 02:53:53 PM »
Thanks for those reports.

The issue with the dipnet I know what is causing it. The original dipnet recipe, which I inherited so to speak, was meant to act as a fishing pole as well (the idea being that you could scoop fish). The problem started occurring with the changes to fishing poles requiring hooks to be added to them. I may have to change the dipnet so that it only works for iron ore, and not for fishing, in order to avoid that error.

For the other two, I'm not sure at all about what the intention was for the northern staff-bow. If it's meant to act as a ski-stick, that's news to me, but I did not make the original recipe, so I can't say for sure yet. I'll take a look.

I definitely haven't touched the iron helmet  recipes, but I'll also take a look.

Tinker

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2023, 03:10:41 PM »
With the dip net if you change the base item from fishing rod to Fishing net you can dip for ore or use it for fishing, as a net without the need for hooks.

I seem to remember 2 or 3 years ago there was some discussion about staff bows being usable as ski sticks, I do not know if it was implemented or just raised a possibility. I never made one so do not know if it was ever possible, if it was then it may have changed with snow changes in 3.7x.

Bert Preast

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2023, 06:28:47 PM »
I've had a look at the northern staff-bow recipe and it includes a ski basket, and is basically a very weak northern bow.  I can't see a reason for it to exist, if not that it can be used while skiing.  Sami confirms that bows that doubled as ski-sticks were a thing here:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=1138.msg3620#msg3620

I also took a look at the ski-stick recipe and saw nothing that actually made it function for skiing - but then I know pitifully little about modding.  Is there a way to make an item function as a ski-stick when it isn't a ski-stick?  Perhaps it was only included by Bioudda in his mod for RP purposes?

It would be great if you can make it work, it took a long time to make  :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 05:41:37 PM by Bert Preast »

rudy

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2023, 12:49:18 AM »
I've figured out the issue with the northern staff-bow. That's the good news. The bad news is I don't think it's fixable.

In the original incarnation of the recipe the item used "Northern Spear" as its base item (which gave it the ability to ski), and then changed the skill to BOW in order to make it function as a bow. This worked fine. UNTIL, the game was updated with the bow-string update, and then it stopped functioning as a bow, and could not have a string applied to it because the base item was not a bow.

So, the base item was changed to "Northern Bow" (by me) to fix the bow problem. But in doing so, it stopped functioning as a ski-item (since it no longer inherited those properties from the Northern Spear).

Unfortunately, based on my current understanding of modding, this means it is not possible to make an item that functions as both a bow and a ski-stick. :( The best "solution" from my present stance is to remove the item from the menu entirely, since it serves no real purpose in its present form.

rudy

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2023, 12:51:11 AM »
With the dip net if you change the base item from fishing rod to Fishing net you can dip for ore or use it for fishing, as a net without the need for hooks.
Downside here is that nets are (and should be) really hard to make, with the dip net being relatively simpler. So it would be a "cheap" way to get a fishing net.

I could make the dip net correspondingly harder to make, but I'm not sure that's the way to go.

Bert Preast

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2023, 02:36:14 AM »
Well, that's a crushing blow to morale regarding the staff-bow.  But I reckon I'll get over it.

With the dip-net thing - considering the effort required to forge metals into anything useful, I would say some extra hours to make the net matters hardly at all in the greater scheme of things.

rudy

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2023, 02:53:41 AM »
Well, that's a crushing blow to morale regarding the staff-bow.  But I reckon I'll get over it.
I'm sorry. If you'd like, I'll tell you how to modify the crafting files temporarily to make an instant northern spear, or northern bow, in place of it?

With the dip-net thing - considering the effort required to forge metals into anything useful, I would say some extra hours to make the net matters hardly at all in the greater scheme of things.
Could be true. I'll consider the option, certainly.

Bert Preast

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2023, 03:38:48 AM »
Thanks but I already made a lovely fine northern spear and bow  :)

StanMan26

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2023, 01:25:44 AM »
Hi, I've been playing URW on vanilla for a while and looking to change things up. Is it possible to add this mod to a current save or would I need to start a new game? thanks!

Bert Preast

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2023, 02:06:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  You can add the mod to an existing save, but so much is added that you may want to start a new game anyway.

Bert Preast

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2023, 08:37:11 PM »
The "Whole-cooked fish" recipe asks for 0,9kg of herbs.  I suspect this is a typo, and it should ask for 90g of herbs like lots of other recipes.

Tinker

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2023, 11:25:40 AM »
The recipe calls for 1 pound of herbs which I see as 500g not 900. This might be slightly excessive. The way I see this being prepared, as I do irl, is the whole body cavity is stuffed full with herbs which steams through the fish as it cooks, it is not as with other recipes a sprinkling of flavour.

It would be ideal if the amount of herbs used related to the weight of the fish, but the modding is so limited that you would need a seperate menu entry for each type of fish