Topic: Ability to open and close shutters  (Read 2082 times)

Arsenic

« on: November 13, 2022, 10:20:40 PM »
I think it would be nice to be able to open and close shutters with the C key like doors are. that way one could see outside when they want, say to check on animals or traps outside, but close the shutters so they do not get interrupted by birds or other animals while doing tasks.

Erkka

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 12:09:24 PM »
If you are bothered by interruptions because of animal sightings, there is something you could try;

In the game main menu open "SETUP", at the bottom it will tell you where you can find a text file for advanced settings. Edit that file to configure if you wish to be interrupted by any, none or only hostile animals approaching. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd guess you need to quit and restart the game for the changes to take effect.

Code: [Select]
// NO - never prompt to abort if these creatures enter your view
// YES - always prompt to abort task if these creatures enter your view
// HOSTILE - prompt to abort only if this kind of hostile creatures enter your view
[TASK_ABORT_ANIMALS:YES]
[TASK_ABORT_HUMANS:HOSTILE]
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Bert Preast

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »
Assuming that implementation would be simple - I am not a coder so I may be wrong - I like this idea.  It would add to the atmosphere.

Also, I have had my cabin attacked by robbers, and found myself taking arrows from several sides due to too many shutters.  It would have been nice to close the ones I wasn't shooting out of!

anything