Topic: Yarn Questions  (Read 1826 times)

rudy

« on: November 10, 2022, 09:57:10 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to update a few BAC recipes that don't quite work with the new textilecraft options. To clarify, please, when spinning yarn, is it:

nettles > nettle yarn

flax > linen yarn

hemp > hemp yarn

?

I haven't actually seen nettle yarn anywhere, so maybe that isn't a thing? I'm not at a season where I can check myself right now.

Appreciate any help.

Tinker

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 11:08:55 AM »
I had a real problem sorting this out, and still do not have a satisfactory answer.

I had a character started in 3.63 who had 400 dried retted plants of different sorts, these could not be processed further when I updated to 3.7x, I had to reenable the BAC recipes for retting and extracting fibres. I now have some strange items. together with fibre from nettles, hemp and flax I also have mixed extract fibre and fibre from tuntematon (Finnish word for unknown)

I can make nettle, hemp and flax yarn but not linen yarn, from the three types of yarn I can weave nettle and linen cloth and make clothes from them.
It would be nice to know what the textile craft internal names are as the functionality of the 3.7x retting does seem better than BAC

anything