Topic: Let us automatically use tools carried by leashed animals  (Read 2274 times)

White Hair

« on: October 08, 2022, 09:56:57 AM »
Got me a tool pig but it's annoying to constantly manually grab tools off of them, drop, and push back onto them after each action, etc.

Tinker

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 10:17:10 AM »
Same with having to equip a paddle that you are already carrying before you can punt or raft.

Ezhe

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 04:21:00 AM »
Same with having to equip a paddle that you are already carrying before you can punt or raft.
I'm wondering if paddle could be attached to punt or raft. That will save a lot of effort from equipping/unequipping paddle or packing/unpacking it from the pack animal

ineedcords

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 05:35:36 AM »
I'm wondering if paddle could be attached to punt or raft. That will save a lot of effort from equipping/unequipping paddle or packing/unpacking it from the pack animal
Suggestions mentioned in this thread would be great QoL improvements, I do hope these get implemented. This last one is no different.

Since humankind in general have a natural tendency to choose convenience, barring any blockers, it does make sense for an object that is almost exclusively used together with another, less-mobile, "mother-object" to be stored together.

* Small object examples of the top of my head: even though one have the freedom to store sugar and tea/coffee, most do not. Likewise with toothbrush/paste.
* Transport-related object example: motorbike helmets. In many towns, where it is deemed "safe enough", people keep the helmet on/around the bike, frequently even without a chain/locking mechanism to safeguard the helmet.

I think in general removing extra/unnecessary keystrokes is a good idea on many fronts (anti-RSI, attention span/boredom, new player retention rate etc.).
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.