Topic: Lifetijme members cut off forever?  (Read 4707 times)

emperatorzack

« on: October 05, 2022, 10:13:48 PM »
Anyone know if the current version of the game will ever be available outside of Steam?
I bought a lifetime membership years ago, but there appears to be no way to download updates anymore, unless you buy it AGAIN on Steam.
I emailed support, but they won't answer.

Erkka

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 08:35:15 AM »

Sending an e-mail to Sami is the way to activate old lifetime memberships. Every request is handled manually, and sometimes there might be several days of delay in reply. So, either send another mail, or wait for a few days more.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 12:34:32 PM »
Anyone know if the current version of the game will ever be available outside of Steam?
I bought a lifetime membership years ago, but there appears to be no way to download updates anymore, unless you buy it AGAIN on Steam.

Seconding Erkka. E-mail directly to me: sami [at] unrealworld.fi
Lifetimers are able to download all the versions completely outside Steam, and Steam - nor the Steam support - has nothing to do or say with lifetime membership policy.
Awaiting your contact.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

emperatorzack

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 04:07:50 PM »
Forwarding the email I sent in 2008 that you never replied to. I see you've changed your address so perhaps that is why.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 05:48:58 PM »
Forwarding the email I sent in 2008 that you never replied to. I see you've changed your address so perhaps that is why.

Got it and replied. I think it's all cleared out now.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

emperatorzack

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 05:55:17 PM »
Thank you very much! I still enjoy the old version, so the new one should be a lot of fun :)