Topic: Can you improve Dodge Skill?  (Read 4518 times)

Kyo

« on: May 03, 2022, 04:51:50 AM »
Can you improve Dodge Skill? If so, how, and can you even improve it to 100% Dodge Skill?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 05:15:59 AM »
Yes, by dodging attacks (a lot)
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 08:35:53 AM »
I think I've managed to reach 100 with a character, but I'm not sure. Definitely 90+, though.

- Gear up in lots of protection (everywhere).
- Chase an elk or reindeer to exhaustion.
- Stand in the way of it. If you manage to guess which direction it intends to move in it can attack, and you can elect to try to dodge (or use a shield to train that instead).
- Repeat for hours (both in game and in reality) until you've accumulated the maximum 3 points of increase per day (or until your character is too hungry/tired to continue: it's extremely slow above 90%. I've had sessions where I've had to break off after a single point.
- The ideal is if you manage to drive the "sparring partner" into a place where there's only one direction in which to move, namely through your character. You can find such places (rarely) along rivers and formed by trees. I assume you can also construct them with fences, but driving the animal to them is a challenge.

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 10:30:44 PM »
You can also club/maul Njerpez’ arms; they drop weapons, you pick the weapons, then beat their legs, so they can’t run off. And then just dodge their punches.

I’ve not dodge trained with Njerpez in 3.71, last was 3.63 when they were solo acts.
Yes, it’s riskier than elk, but even then, bull elk might gore your eye. But there’s less work after the sparring session is over (no skinning or butchering, just pick up goods and carry on)… unless you let the critter go after.

Kyo

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 02:57:27 AM »
You can also club/maul Njerpez’ arms; they drop weapons, you pick the weapons, then beat their legs, so they can’t run off. And then just dodge their punches.

I’ve not dodge trained with Njerpez in 3.71, last was 3.63 when they were solo acts.
Yes, it’s riskier than elk, but even then, bull elk might gore your eye. But there’s less work after the sparring session is over (no skinning or butchering, just pick up goods and carry on)… unless you let the critter go after.
LMAO
So you just make Njerpez lay down and tell them "C'mon, it's our sparring session" and begin working out?

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 07:56:05 AM »
Pretty much.

I’ve had some characters with 200+ Njerp kills.
But, as the game is rogue like… don’t get mad WHEN your character dies fighting.

(I don’t think any of my toons have ever had their 20th birthday)

Kyo

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 10:54:32 PM »
Pretty much.

I’ve had some characters with 200+ Njerp kills.
But, as the game is rogue like… don’t get mad WHEN your character dies fighting.

(I don’t think any of my toons have ever had their 20th birthday)
Actually... When dying... My expectation of myself is to rage for 1 hour...
But my reality is literally... "Finally" or something like that
Yeah i know, odd.