Topic: RAID  (Read 4266 times)

Kyo

« on: April 19, 2022, 07:13:15 PM »
I wanna raid a village, but I don't know exactly what and who I need, could you guys help me out? So far I got 3 Party members (All Hunters) and 1 Dog, also, an important question, if I tell them to kill people from the village will they agree or refuse?
I'd appreciate your tips and help a lot.

Bakkat

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 01:59:58 AM »
"What or Who..."
There's a key point... What is your motus to do so...

Once I've done a village raid (Wasn't a Njerp- one).
My motus was to get some pretty fine furs, great spear, some axes, pots... Valuables in general...
The character was a good warrior, and its armour was hard to penetrate.

After seeing the slaughter. Little children, the screams, the blood... limbs and heads around.
Not only was it unworthy, it was shocking.

What do you want to archieve?
I think once you answer that question, you may have a clearer wiev about.

Good-bye¡
"When All the rivers get poisoned....
...Then we'll realize"

Kyo

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 03:54:32 AM »
"What or Who..."
There's a key point... What is your motus to do so...

Once I've done a village raid (Wasn't a Njerp- one).
My motus was to get some pretty fine furs, great spear, some axes, pots... Valuables in general...
The character was a good warrior, and its armour was hard to penetrate.

After seeing the slaughter. Little children, the screams, the blood... limbs and heads around.
Not only was it unworthy, it was shocking.

What do you want to archieve?
I think once you answer that question, you may have a clearer wiev about.

Good-bye¡
I want to take over the village and get it's valuables, and something very specific.
A Masterwork Mail Haubergeon.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 09:02:47 AM »
Not worth slaughtering a village over. If you just want the item, then be a less despicable asshole by just stealing it (still an asshole, but a lesser one).

ineedcords

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 03:08:09 PM »
I want to take over the village and get it's valuables, and something very specific.

I agree with PALU, other than ethics (which is yours to ignore), I would advise against it simply because it is not worth the effort (time & riskwise) and of course there already is a clearly better way of obtaining all those items (hint: active hunt elks/reindeers & trade).

If you try this, most likely outcome is you will die.

Having said that, if you are really determined to murder for profit, probably best to do it a few or even ideally single human at a time. Similar to animal hunting tactics, try and circle the village, ideally at night time, to pick individuals, let them chase you way outside the village.
Note that you will not always manage to separate one human away - many times they will start yelling like crazy, bringing along the half or entire village (I know because a friend of mine did this also). It is best to disengage in those circumstances because even kids in this game are Terminator T1000s that have no hunger/self-preservation; they will keep at it forever until you are down. Due to the way combat system works 2 kids and an adult can kill you in most attempts. (Needless to say, a village typically has much more population than 3).
To reduce risk, try to tire the individual you picked away from the village first, only then kill them. Rest, repeat.  Don't rush.
Having a shield and some skill with shields can make life easier. Note that to gain skill in shields, you can do what was suggested to you earlier in another thread: buy one or ideally more shields and throw them on the ground (a neighbouring tile next to your feet) all day long. Eventually you will gain skill points.

Again, I agree with PALU. Don't do this. And remember to share the outcome of your very risky attempts.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Kyo

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 12:20:20 AM »

I agree with PALU, other than ethics (which is yours to ignore), I would advise against it simply because it is not worth the effort (time & riskwise) and of course there already is a clearly better way of obtaining all those items (hint: active hunt elks/reindeers & trade).

If you try this, most likely outcome is you will die.

Having said that, if you are really determined to murder for profit, probably best to do it a few or even ideally single human at a time. Similar to animal hunting tactics, try and circle the village, ideally at night time, to pick individuals, let them chase you way outside the village.
Note that you will not always manage to separate one human away - many times they will start yelling like crazy, bringing along the half or entire village (I know because a friend of mine did this also). It is best to disengage in those circumstances because even kids in this game are Terminator T1000s that have no hunger/self-preservation; they will keep at it forever until you are down. Due to the way combat system works 2 kids and an adult can kill you in most attempts. (Needless to say, a village typically has much more population than 3).
To reduce risk, try to tire the individual you picked away from the village first, only then kill them. Rest, repeat.  Don't rush.
Having a shield and some skill with shields can make life easier. Note that to gain skill in shields, you can do what was suggested to you earlier in another thread: buy one or ideally more shields and throw them on the ground (a neighbouring tile next to your feet) all day long. Eventually you will gain skill points.

Again, I agree with PALU. Don't do this. And remember to share the outcome of your very risky attempts.
About your 4th paragraph; Nah, Masterwork Northern Bow shreds everyone, specially children, due to my grandmaster skill with it.
And about the tips to reduce risk, thanks, I'll keep them in mind.