Topic: How to use Reindeers for packing?  (Read 3189 times)

Kyo

« on: April 14, 2022, 11:33:36 PM »
So, I got a Reindeer Doe, what do I do for it to carry stuff?
I Also would appreciate tips and stuff I should know about reindeers and all the other cervids, thank you.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 02:46:18 AM »
So, I got a Reindeer Doe, what do I do for it to carry stuff?
I Also would appreciate tips and stuff I should know about reindeers and all the other cervids, thank you.

Keep it leashed or penned; to make it carry things, stand next to it, drop items to floor, 'p'ush items onto animal spot.
Dogs, pigs, sheep, deer, cow, bull I think is the ascending order of weight carried, I don't remember the # of inventory slots per animal. It is smaller than players.

Having larders walking around with you can encourage predators to try and attack sometimes eg; wolves, lynx

To take items from your animal/npcs use the remote pick up ';' and the direction to pick up from.
Larders graze on their own so they don't need to be fed.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 09:32:15 AM »
I may be wrong, but I think a big cow is capable of carrying a log, and that a normal sized bull is capable of carrying one as well (I'm not sure about small ones). That's very useful when hauling logs to your construction projects.

Also note that a trunk is a fair bit heavier than a log, so trimming the trunk may be enough.

Note that animals carrying burdens are affected by the burden in a similar way to humans, so don't expect your fully laden dog to be of much use in combat. That said, using a dog as a beast of burden is quite useful when trying to bring the products of a kill back to the homestead.

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 05:23:14 PM »
If memory serves, trunks are 500lbs, logs are 400lbs.