Topic: Tips to Survive in the Cold and Winter  (Read 2295 times)

Kyo

« on: April 14, 2022, 04:57:33 AM »
I really need to know everything I have to know and tips to survive in the cold and winter please, I'd appreciate your help.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 06:03:18 AM »
I really need to know everything I have to know and tips to survive in the cold and winter please, I'd appreciate your help.

Fur clothing is best for warmth, I always like having a fur overcoat as well, both for warmth and emergency cord, fur material.
No shelter; Try to find a 'promising' site to camp, by water, good tree amount, maybe some open area for traps. Build a sm. shelter.
Small shelter; Don't waste wood or effort, keep extra 'pretty much all' wood/branches/sticks cut in a pile next to shelter. Make fire in front of shelter. Warm up and decide what food you're going to try to get. Depending on encumbrance carry a small trunk and some branches for an emergency fire. Set traps or fish 'monitor your temp and be willing to abort to start a fire before critical. While fishing I will often drop/drag a tree trunk over and light it next to my fishing spot.

Cabin; Occasional fire inside keeps it good, monitor your temp and time outside.

Town; If they have a fireplace / town building you can sleep, cook and warm there.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Kyo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 06:46:10 AM »

Fur clothing is best for warmth, I always like having a fur overcoat as well, both for warmth and emergency cord, fur material.
No shelter; Try to find a 'promising' site to camp, by water, good tree amount, maybe some open area for traps. Build a sm. shelter.
Small shelter; Don't waste wood or effort, keep extra 'pretty much all' wood/branches/sticks cut in a pile next to shelter. Make fire in front of shelter. Warm up and decide what food you're going to try to get. Depending on encumbrance carry a small trunk and some branches for an emergency fire. Set traps or fish 'monitor your temp and be willing to abort to start a fire before critical. While fishing I will often drop/drag a tree trunk over and light it next to my fishing spot.

Cabin; Occasional fire inside keeps it good, monitor your temp and time outside.

Town; If they have a fireplace / town building you can sleep, cook and warm there.
TY

ineedcords

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 01:21:46 PM »
Excellent advice by @Privateer already.

I would also suggest reading the wiki page on the matter, here: https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Winter_Survival

Tips #2 & #19 here can help with early game and even later in the game: https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6459.0
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

anything