Topic: Shield Mode, None, Center, High, Side  (Read 2246 times)

Kyo

« on: April 14, 2022, 12:30:51 AM »
Ever since I got a Roundshield I always wondered what those "Modes" were, None, Center, High and Side, do they have anything special to do with chances of successfully blocking or how successful the attack will be blocked?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 10:16:24 AM »
The mode affects the chance to block attacks hitting the protected locations. Note, though, that hitting isn't the same as aiming, as attacks often don't hit the location they're aimed at.
This means that if an enemy is holding a shield high, the legs are exposed, so you may want to aim for them.
In a defensive scenario you may want to either try to protect the most unprotected parts or want to protect the vital parts.

ineedcords

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 11:42:32 AM »
Ever since I got a Roundshield I always wondered what those "Modes" were, None, Center, High and Side, do they have anything special to do with chances of successfully blocking or how successful the attack will be blocked?
I see that PALU have already responded so my response is more of a general heads up note...

For other queries (or this one, if you still want to read more) please note that:
1) There is an in-game Encyclopedia which can be accessed with the F1 hotkey. In-game Encyclopedia is limited and can be updated only by the developers & distributed to players only with a new game version update.
2) There is an online wiki which is accessible here with great search and browse functions via the main page: https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki

Just as an example, the shield article is here: https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Shield
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Tinker

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 12:37:24 PM »
It is not necessarily true that the in game encyclopedia can only be edited by devs. The enhanced encyclopedia mod was produced with a lot of BAC information added and lots more general info. It is out of date somewhat after the last updates but I am currently adding info to most sections, such as what materials you need to make each craftable item etc.