Topic: How do i move my old character to new world for next version?  (Read 2795 times)

zocn

« on: February 12, 2022, 05:44:14 PM »
so why i want do move old character to new world?

because i want keep spells and many quest complete log
without old house, item, scenario, game course

I tryed move character(BAK, CRS, OBJ, URS) from old folder to new folder
but i can only look gray field (maybe big tile 5*5 size)

no trees, no grass, no water, no river, no hill(for climb), no snow, no villige
every nothing

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 07:38:29 PM »
First, just to say it.  This is not supported

I've also tried moving character files to another character's world and got a playable though buggy transfer.

I'd suggest maybe drop a message to @Night. That's who I'd ask if I really wanted to know if there may be a way.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 12:29:34 AM »
What Privateer said. Not supported.
And I think you could duplicate your character in Night’s character tool. Wouldn’t move over the quests completed though.

I’ve not ventured to map edge in several versions: does it still prompt for a new world creation or not? If it does, I would suggest: backup/savescum the character. Travel him/her to world edge, generate new map, then migrate to new version.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 10:22:19 AM »
I've traveled to the NW corner map marker maybe a year ago as a last action with a character (actually a post mortem one, as my character, annoyingly, died about a month before the intended retirement trip, so I brought out the backup and made the trip anyway). There's nothing there, i.e. you reach the edge and get a message indicate you can't travel further, but the in-game "info" that you can move over to a new world is incorrect (at least it is for that corner).
I "probed" the area around the corner multiple times, and each was met with the same message.

zocn

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 11:04:04 AM »
I think I find 1 way

Thanks for tell me @Night

i will do some test for move and i show result on you are guys