Topic: can't boil herbs?  (Read 2685 times)

burianek

« on: February 01, 2022, 03:15:06 AM »
I feel like this must be something really silly.
I got myself poisoned by forgetting to boil a bearclaw before adding it to some stew (I guess I figured the stew would boil it)
I wanted to boil some meadsweet I had lying around to see if it would help, but I cannot get it to work.
alt-c | b to open the dialogue, have fire, gets to raw ingredients and it's on the food menu.  I hit * to list everything, and select the meadsweets in my inventory and I get the message 'meadsweet does not work as a raw ingredient!'

I simply cannot get this to work.  V 3.71 stable.

Thanks for any help.  Love the game so far.  It's so addictive :)

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 03:26:36 AM »
 I think there are 3 possibilities in 'Meadsweet'
Leaves - can be boiled / used as ingredient
Flowers - can be boiled / used as ingredient
Meadsweet - can't be boiled / used as ingredient. The whole plant itself, can be planted I think.

Sorry if I'm wrong
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

burianek

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 04:02:31 AM »
I knew it was something silly.  Thank you!
I had no idea I was supposed to thresh it in the agriculture menu.  Tried (a)pplying my knife to it about 10 different ways. :)
Thanks again!

GrimmSpector

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 09:37:04 PM »
I think there are 3 possibilities in 'Meadsweet'
Leaves - can be boiled / used as ingredient
Flowers - can be boiled / used as ingredient
Meadsweet - can't be boiled / used as ingredient. The whole plant itself, can be planted I think.

Sorry if I'm wrong

You can plant the plant? I've been wondering if there was a way to cultivate some of the things that don't have seeds!

anything