UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Is injury >100% supposed to guarantee death?

(1/2) > >>

jonottawa:
In my current playthrough I received injuries in excess of 100% (104% to be precise) Spoiler: show(doing the robbers quest if that matters.) I got the red screen. Then I regained consciousness (with an injury of 86% displaying.) Is this a bug or is sustaining injuries in excess of 100% not necessarily supposed to be fatal?

PALU:
I don't think it's a bug as such. You ought to go unconscious at 100%, and won't be able to move if your fatigue/injury/encumbrance penalties sum up to 100% or more.
If, however, whatever caused the 100%+ injuries doesn't proceed to kill you it ought to be possible to heal and wake up, but if that was the case you'd have to have been unconscious for a day (past the next morning day turn over), in which case you'd be very hungry and very thirsty.

Are you sure it was the injuries that were over 100%, rather than the total penalties? It's certainly possible to have penalties above 100% and thus be unable to move, but still remain conscious (for a little while). If you wake up with 86% injuries that ought to be what you received, with the remainder stemming from encumbrance (some of which the robbers probably relieved you of) and fatigue (you probably fought them).

jonottawa:

--- Quote from: PALU on January 13, 2022, 09:00:58 AM ---Are you sure it was the injuries that were over 100%, rather than the total penalties?
--- End quote ---
https://youtu.be/3BhC-SyhRv0?t=3160

Plotinus:
Injuries over 100% normally guarantee death but the robbers thing is designed to always be nonfatal, so your injuries are reduced before you wake up.

jonottawa:

--- Quote from: Plotinus on January 15, 2022, 09:08:18 AM ---Injuries over 100% normally guarantee death but the robbers thing is designed to always be nonfatal, so your injuries are reduced before you wake up.

--- End quote ---
That's what I surmised as well. So should I feel greasy about continuing to play this character or not?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version