Topic: WIP[3.7x] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 23296 times)

rudy

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »
That recipe I can speak of confidently since I created it myself. Making the quern Stone requires grinding two stones into a quern Stone shape, and then assembling it with the second step. Then you need to use the specific recipes to grind barley or rye flour.

The individual pieces unassembled, count as regular stones and therefore can be used for regular grinding, though using them in this way provides no speed benefit. Unfortunately there is no way to have the quernstone device apply to flours in the game other than barley and rye. This is because other flours do not exist as base item types, and thus cannot be directly created by a modded recipe. I've searched for a way around this problem but with no luck.

Theoretically I could have it grind a wild flour into a copy of either barley or rye flour and simply rename it, but then the nutrition would match that of barley or rye not of the actual flour you are grinding. Which didn't seem satisfactory to me.

Let me know if that clarifies the situation for you.

esko-seteli

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2022, 07:04:59 AM »
Damn, that's a shame. Reed root flour's kept me living for quite a few games, I bet that's the case for a number of others too. Would've been great, but can't have 'em all! Nice to know the reasons behind why it's not possible, though.

Gonna keep that in mind then going forwards, regular stone grinding it is.

esko-seteli

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2022, 09:28:10 AM »
... And so, new issues arise: after all this modding, looks like the large bear deadfall trap recipe's buggered. Shows as needing an impossibly high number of ropes to finish, somewhere ~900000. Where do I go to fix this? Been looking around but can't seem to find it.

Tinker

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2022, 10:41:10 AM »
The heavy deadfall bear trap is a vanilla item, not altered by the mod. I just checked and it needs 3 strong cordage 1.3m long, a couple of root ropes should be enough. Can you tell us what the recipe actually asks for?

esko-seteli

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2022, 12:26:07 PM »
It asks for the same, up until I try to input the ropes. I had five root ropes prepared in advance, and those weren't enough - number didn't even change actually, so I think it might be demanding a much larger number than it can display? Picture attached.

rudy

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2022, 05:20:23 PM »
Honestly, like Tinker says, BAC does not modify that recipe. I can't say more until Saturday at least, when I'll be at my desktop and see if I can replicate it.

I won't say it's absolutely impossible that the mod is doing something, because computer programs are fickle things, but I currently find it hard to imagine how BAC could have such an effect.

Tinker

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2022, 05:35:35 PM »
Just to test I just made one with a couple of root ropes, no problem. The only thing I can think of is that something else you did has broken the cord system. Can you build a raft, that needs logs and rope?

If there is a great problem you could try to zip the save file and send it to me to look at. PM me for an email address.

rudy

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
The only theory I've come up with is that it was a problem with how you modified the diy_BAC_lumber file in order to restore the bundle branches recipes.

If you could post a copy of just that file (after you modified it), I'd be happy to take a look.

esko-seteli

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2022, 11:57:47 AM »
First, all other rope/cord-related recipes seem fine, as with pretty much every other trap - looks to be localized to the big bear deadfall trap.

Second, see attached for the requested file.

rudy

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2022, 02:49:51 PM »
Sorry, but the requested file was diy_BAC_lumber, not trapping.  :)

Tinker

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2022, 04:15:00 PM »

TODO - SHORT TERM
Issue with two 'Skin' recipes in Utility; decide which to keep.
Removal of the Trim birch bark recipe? This seems a legacy option from earlier versions that has no function now.
Switch nettle/linen clothing undergarments?
Max weight on barrel is an issue for light characters; I've added a warning. Anything else to do as safety measure?
Experiment with barrel base object so that it can be interacted with from the ground? Unlikely to work based on my understanding, but worth a look.

TO DO - LONG TERM
Ask permission from some other authors to incorporate aspects of their mods. E.g. manure, bait, coops, mead, honey. Or, otherwise ensure compatibility between them.
Optional menu to add in chain mail crafting. I've seen this in a previous mod - a-historical, but not implausible.

Skin - which ever you think. Agree on trim bark, it was a legacy item, I think from before 3.6. Barrels, and large pots working from the ground would be great but not possible I think.

Incorporating other mods would be great, something broke the coops in the last update and I have not seen any beehives for months, but I have been in the wrong biomes..

Other suggestions - I have recreated Bryguns floating log, different recipe but with sprites if you want to consider it. I have also changed the arrow production to need a small amount of glue and therefore a fire, blunt arrows a a small piece of cloth fixed with some fibre as the tip and broken arrows need a broken arrow a new shaft and feathers just to get rid of the thousands I collect. I assume the head is reusable, but there is a seperate recipe for broadheads. Broke blunt arrows are just replaced with new ones.

The two wood bow might be better named composite or laminated. There I a few other tweaks I was going to suggest but it is beer o'clock and my brain has stopped.

esko-seteli

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2022, 05:07:30 PM »
Phbt, I'm an idiot - correct file here.

rudy

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2022, 10:31:14 PM »
I don't see any problems with the changes that you made, though I do notice you didn't add the 'hotfix' in post 31.  (I know it's a messy 'release'; the next update will be all-in-one.

It's not a critical update, unless you want the changes listed in that post, though if you do install it, you'll have to 'uncomment' the bundle sticks again.

I'm still at a loss as to what could be causing your issue. Do you have any other mods you are using, or are you using the mod manager? (I'm assuming no to both currently).

esko-seteli

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2022, 08:11:43 AM »
No other mods, no manager. Just BAC.

Guess I'll grab the hotfix because why not, all else fails I could try verifying my files via Steam in case something vital's gone buggered over this progress for whatever reason. It's not a *huge* issue, since bear traps aren't exactly something I make often, but still a rather strange one.

rudy

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2022, 03:30:22 PM »
Yeah, sorry; I'll have another 'full' update up on Sunday probably. All else fails, you can try installing that over a 'fresh' install (after backing up your character of course).